DoG's H5 B1 Build

Share your building progress here!
DoG

DoG's H5 B1 Build

Post by DoG »

Sockets and small pcb bits ordered... Done
Got Case... No
Got Keyboard... Noo
RAM... I must have one module left from the H4 build. They often come in pair.
Eating cookies... Erhm... yees
All Atari IC... I think I got them all
Main mother pcb... Waiting
Cartridge port... Ordered

I didn't want to get another donor Atari since I already got most of the main part already. Case and Keyboard is the biggest problem. But I can always tak... borrow stuff from the H4 build.
PhilC

Re: DoG's H5 A3 Build

Post by PhilC »

Where did you order the cartridge port from?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
DoG

Post by DoG »

PhilC wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm Where did you order the cartridge port from?
Hmm... I asked a seller of Atari stuff. He didn't have many left. And the ones he had is for something he is selling. So I think I was lucky that he let one go. I asked if he was willing to sell just the cartridge port or if I had to buy the whole 'other' thing.

Sorry if I'm to cryptic but I don't think he wants everyone mailing him about it.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@DoG no worries, I was just curious
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

I keep hoping that @exxos will eventually find the time to offer his 'recycled' cartridge port connectors in his store at some point... :shrug:
DoG

Post by DoG »

JezC wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:29 pm I keep hoping that @exxos will eventually find the time to offer his 'recycled' cartridge port connectors in his store at some point... :shrug:
Yep, I was hoping that as well. But he has so much on his plate he forget things :D He writes about that all the time so I was afraid to ask him about them. He was just going to clean them the last time he wrote about them I think. ;) Now I'm afraid they are lost in the void in his lab. :lol:
JezC

Post by JezC »

@DoG Yes...but as long as we don't nag him too much, he might get there in the end... ;)

I keep planning to just scrap one of the faulty STF/M board that I have but somehow I seem to manage to fix the vast majority of them so I'm loath to condemn them to an early grave!

I guess I just need to be a bit more ruthless about it :twisted:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:29 pm I keep hoping that @exxos will eventually find the time to offer his 'recycled' cartridge port connectors in his store at some point... :shrug:
I've not forgotten , just things always take priority.. Like I had to drive to one county to pickup some stock.. Then drive to girlfriends where we packing up motherboards and TF536 boards.. So not even at home for a couple days now :lol: just have a cuppa then back to removing the cat from all the boxes :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 pm I've not forgotten , just things always take priority.. Like I had to drive to one county to pickup some stock.. Then drive to girlfriends where we packing up motherboards and TF536 boards.. So not even at home for a couple days now :lol: just have a cuppa then back to removing the cat from all the boxes :roll:
Ah yes...never underestimate how much the cat can affect anything involving paper or boxes! :lol: :roll:
DoG

Re: DoG's H5 B1 Build

Post by DoG »

So it begins...
2020-12-09 18.05.49.jpg
2020-12-09 18.05.49.jpg (359.33 KiB) Viewed 3563 times
EDIT: Updated pic. Previous pic was so yellow.

Return to “H5 B1 USER BUILDS”