NEW FORUM

The place to ask all those likely daft questions!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEW FORUM

Post by exxos »

In light of this post I have opened up the "noob questions forum". Where you can ask those questions you may live in fear of otherwise asking! We will try to not flame you down for being dumb, but no promises ;)

All we ask is you keep on a retro related topic and when you open a topic, write in the subject something useful relating to what your asking. Simply putting "I need help" gives nobody any idea clue what its about. At least put the computer you want help with and if possible a few words to summarise your question!

Please note this forum section is not intended for hardware diagnostics or in-depth help, use our HARDWARE ISSUES for that or our other more suitable sub forums.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW FORUM

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 pm In light of this post I have opened up the "noob questions forum". Where you can ask those questions you may live in fear of otherwise asking! We will try to not flame you down for being dumb, but no promises ;)
I always say there is no such thing as a dumb question as we all have started somewhere learning as we go along. Having an area like this will be valuable to others starting out or new to fixing retro kit.
exxos wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 pm All we ask is you keep on a retro related topic and when you open a topic, write in the subject something useful relating to what your asking. Simply putting "I need help" gives nobody any idea clue what its about. At least put the computer you want help with and if possible a few words to summarise your question!
Posting detailed pictures of your issues helps too in your explanations and enables us to see the problems in detail.

Please remember to place your pics in-line on the forum as per this guide https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =20&t=2357
stween

Re: NEW FORUM

Post by stween »

Icky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:37 am
exxos wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 pm In light of this post I have opened up the "dumb noob questions forum". Where you can ask those questions you may live in fear of otherwise asking! We will try to not flame you down for being dumb, but no promises ;)
I always say there is no such thing as a dumb question as we all have started somewhere learning as we go along.
I agree wholeheartedly on this. Asking questions can be intimidating when everybody else looks like an expert. So maybe we can be a little more polite to incoming friends and drop "dumb" from the title? :)

Return to “NOOB QUESTIONS”