H5C1- firST STeps

Share your building progress here!
JezC

Re: H5C1- firST STeps

Post by JezC »

Well, a few minor niggles sorted...so I now have a real floppy drive working on my H4 board as the internal drive, so later tonight is the real test when I transfer floppy, cable etc. over to the H5C1 & try to replicate the success...

More news (hopefully good) later...
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Good luck @JezC but remember, it's only me that's allowed to break things :P
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Not seen any pics yet @JezC if you get it working take some pics :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@JezC , if you don't get it working post some pictures. :mrgreen:
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Thanks!
@Icky @PaulJ Yes, photos will be following soon either way...still fighting to get the last set of photos off my phone properly...basically an update to the android photo app is stopping it uploading to the cloud properly & an update to Windoze 10 is stopping the phone being able to share photos over USB.

Did I ever mention how much I dislike Windoze 10...?

Anyway I'm a lot more confident that the H5 can be coaxed into working with a floppy...or at least get the fault(s) identified...now that I have my H4 working off an internal floppy OK (it has been running with an external floppy as drive A until this afternoon).

Not sure if I will get to post another update tonight..but certainly there will be something over the weekend (even if I have to use a conventional camera to get the photos uploaded...or even pulling the SD card out of the phone...)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@JezC , so why do you continue to hurt yourself with windoze. When using a iPhone the pics show up on all your devices for easy inclusion in a post. Windoze is such a dumpster fire, forced upgrades, numerous security flaws, etc..etc. I have “1” windoze machine to run my device programmer and it gives me more grief than all my Macs and Linux machines combined. When you only turn it on every couple of months you have to resolve all the BS MS throws at ya. Last time I turned it on to burn some EPROMs MS had interjected itself in the login process and I had to make a MS account to get logged in. Took me a while to figure out how to cut MS out like some malignant cancer. Then there’s build in apps that are acting like there a part of windoze attempting to have you purchase them. On a good day windoze is a raging dumpster fire.

Why are you even putting up with windoze when Linux is available? We are waiting for those build pictures.. can’t wait… :dizzy: :dizzy:
DoG

Post by DoG »

Just email the pic to yourself in the phone if all else fails. The open the mail on your computer of choice.
derkom

Post by derkom »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:56 pm Last time I turned it on to burn some EPROMs MS had interjected itself in the login process and I had to make a MS account to get logged in.
FYI there was a low-contrast, small text "remind me later" (or somesuch) button that would have let you skip that process. MS aren't yet actually forcing an online account to use Windows, but they're making it increasingly more difficult to figure out how to avoid it.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

derkom wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:01 am
PaulJ wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:56 pm Last time I turned it on to burn some EPROMs MS had interjected itself in the login process and I had to make a MS account to get logged in.
FYI there was a low-contrast, small text "remind me later" (or somesuch) button that would have let you skip that process. MS aren't yet actually forcing an online account to use Windows, but they're making it increasingly more difficult to figure out how to avoid it.
Don't think so.. When the machine hadn't been on for months they just screwed it all up with no obvious way to get by their s$%t.. Had to use another machine to get a MS account and password to expunge their involvement. I'm so sick of their BS I really don't want to waste any time getting it to the point where it was when I shut it down. For windoze I just want it to be a hammer.

So derkom, good luck with windoze.. and still waiting patiently for some pictures of your latest build.. :ball: :foldarms: :)
derkom

Post by derkom »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 pm So derkom, good luck with windoze.. and still waiting patiently for some pictures of your latest build.. :ball: :foldarms: :)
Well, as with you, Windows is on a sole "necessity" machine, for the ROM programmer and games only. :)

As for my latest build, no promises I'm afraid. I'm stuck in a state of personal life flux* at the moment, and as a result I'm not getting to spend any time around my workbench at home. Hopefully things will settle down into something manageable, but it may be a while.

* Trust me, you do not want to know. Have you watched any "Shameless"?

Return to “H5 C1 USER BUILDS”