DoG's H5 C1 Build

Share your building progress here!
Bikerbob

Re: DoG's H5 C1 Build

Post by Bikerbob »

Is the TF536 you guys on using on these the new Exxos modded version? ST version? or is it the original?

I have a TF536 but I was under the impression that the exxos modded version was much better to use? I do have a TF534 as well.. the extra memory really is not needed but can a TF534 be used as well?

Is the decoder being sold DOG?
JezC

Post by JezC »

@Bikerbob I'm using the original (V2?) TF536 with mine (there's a different CPLD image for the ST), though I hope to upgrade to the ST version when the CPLDs are available.

The ST version by Exxos includes the decoder for TOS 2.06 etc. but the IDE is not working.

If DoG isn't selling his decoder then Exxos has his version in the store.

Please let us know what you decide to do!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

The original TF536 only runs faster with the extra RAM. If you're not using the ram, then adding the original TF536 will add nothing to your system.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Bikerbob wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:19 am Is the TF536 you guys on using on these the new Exxos modded version? ST version? or is it the original?

I have a TF536 but I was under the impression that the exxos modded version was much better to use? I do have a TF534 as well.. the extra memory really is not needed but can a TF534 be used as well?

Is the decoder being sold DOG?
I bought one of the first TF536 PhilC built up for the ST (original card). It got ST firmware on it (programmed by PhilC) but I think that got developed a bit further by aGranlund after that.

My decoder board is not being sold since I don't want to compete with exxos when he got sort of the same products for sale and I'm on his 'Turf'.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Did the Audio fix needed. Scratched a bit out of the ground plane and used a 100K 0805 SMD resistor and the other end to the VIA attached to the resistor with the signal YM_AUDIO.

H5C1 audio fix 0805 100K.jpg
H5C1 audio fix 0805 100K.jpg (342.5 KiB) Viewed 1826 times

Return to “H5 C1 USER BUILDS”