Life, the universe & everything...Atari (well, mostly)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Life, the universe & everything...Atari (well, mostly)

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:39 pm @exxos Well, you have the comfort of not having lost your marbles on top of all the above...wait.... no...what did you post the other day?....
At least you're not alone on this forum!
Yeah, 50% sane is about as good as things get with me. Majority of people on this forum are not so sane either :lol: :hide:

:merryxmas:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 pm Yeah, 50% sane is about as good as things get with me. Majority of people on this forum are not so sane either :lol: :hide:

:merryxmas:
Always nice to be amongst people who share similar interests (and faults!) ;)
JezC

Post by JezC »

Well, typical that my latest order from the @exxos store arrived today...when I was down at our other development office for the day :(

It should be waiting for me when I go into my normal workplace tomorrow though...and there's a slim chance that yet another STFM will be delivered there tomorrow as well - fingers crossed!

Best not to ask how I happened to end up with having bought yet another one as any pretence about logical reasons for having so many of them has really gone out of the window now!
Though, in truth at least one of the existing faulty ones is now earmarked for a colleague at work to learn about them by fixing one of them...so far he's concentrated on fixing up Amigas, so this is to tempt him away from the dark side (only kidding!) - and then try to enlist his help in fixing my A500+ and A500! :mrgreen:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 pm Best not to ask how I happened to end up with having bought yet another one as any pretence about logical reasons for having so many of them has really gone out of the window now!
So how did it happen ? :lol: you can never have enough STs. If you find you have too many, send them to me.. Oh wait that sounds backwards somehow :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
JezC

Post by JezC »

Ok, that one seems to have been a mostly working system - it has a dead PSU (not yet investigated what is wrong) but with a working PSU it boots to the desktop & the EPSON floppy is working as well.

Not great for spare parts as it's got everything soldered onto the board (including the 2x TOS 1.04 ROMs, Glue, MMU, DMA & Shifter) but I could upgrade the RAM to 1024k when I next feed Harry (4x DIL RAM sites are ready to be populated).

It's missing one key from the keyboard bu it just looks to have popped off & been lost, not broken, so hopefully I can clip on a replacement & then it's good to go.

On another front, I've managed to fit the 5v TRUDIE board onto my repaired H4 & after a bit of fiddling that has just booted from a 32Meg CF card with HD Driver v11.08.

Next is to find a reasonable sized card (probably 2G) to use for the future...but I'll post more details about that H4 & the next phase of upgrades soon (I hope).

Anyway, that upgrade is in & working (in a basic TOS 1.04 config...), so I may even try to fit my TF536 back into that H4 soon!
JezC

Post by JezC »

Hmm...somehow I seem to have managed to purchase yet another ST and mono monitor...
:WTF: :shrug:

Think I was feeling a bit down after having to have our old Persian cat put down at the weekend :( :cry:

She'd recently been diagnosed as diabetic but wouldn't eat her food reliably & had a few seizures on Saturday & the vet advised us to not let her suffer any more (the cat, not the vet!) so we are now down to just the one Savannah cat and the Malamute...

Anyway, need to work out when I can collect that & then stop making more retro projects for myself & get on with actually finishing some of them!!!
:smackbum: :slapface: :chairsmack:

Nothing else to report yet...and need to get back to my work for now.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:53 pm Think I was feeling a bit down after having to have our old Persian cat put down at the weekend :( :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :awwww:
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Sorry to hear about the kitty dude.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Thanks @Cosmic Puppet - we'd had her since mid-2010 (when we got her as a rescue) so she was probably 14-15 years old but it's still a bit of a downer to lose a family member.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

JezC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:32 pm Thanks @Cosmic Puppet - we'd had her since mid-2010 (when we got her as a rescue) so she was probably 14-15 years old but it's still a bit of a downer to lose a family member.
I bought a Cat with my ex in 2009 and still miss him.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”