Random STuff

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
DoG

Re: Random STuff

Post by DoG »

I was looking around for a small project to measure the air in the hobby room. Found AirGradient. A fast little project to put together. Ordering parts and PCB was the most time consuming. Then It's just putting/soldering it all together really. Oh, and programming the Wemos D1 Mini of course. I really need to change the air more frequently in that room, that is for sure. You notice the particle measurement really shoot to the roof when you solder. CO2 is pretty bad too.

Since I don't have a 3D printer I was thinking about ordering a enclosure for this project through PCBWay. Have anyone used that service from them? I don't know what material to choose either.

AirGradient.jpg
AirGradient.jpg (245.32 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
DoG

Post by DoG »

Did a PCB out of Eiffel schematics since I have a bunch of Ataris without keyboard/mouse setup. It went through a couple of revisions until I come to this final one, but that is part of the charm of doing hardware I guess. Just noticed a new firmware is out on Didier's site, but I can't seem to download/find it?

Eiffel v1.2 DoG colours.jpg
Eiffel v1.2 DoG colours.jpg (452.36 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Yeah I've got some Eiffel pcb's coming but without the screen waiting on china post FTW!!! Actually I think I DHL'd these but they're still taking ages with China half in lockdown

back.png
back.png (153.94 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
eiffel.png
eiffel.png (175.03 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
DoG

Post by DoG »

Looks great. I have a Logitech cordless desktop keyboard that doesn't work with the usual ALT+arrowkeys in GEM for some reason. So something is up with that one. Otherwise great. Another keyboard works great with the ALT+arrowkeys though.
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Thanks it was my first PCB thought I'd try out KiCAD and it's a doddle to use made 4 different pcb's last week :)

It is most likely the Logitech using some bespoke control codes or the alt on that keyboard functioning differently I'm new to pic's but I imagine if you had a dev board like the Curiosity (which is the 8 bit board I think) you could connect the Logitech and see what it's outputting in the ide and then change the mapping in the source. I've only had a cursory look through the source but it should be simple enough.

You'd have to detect the non standard input and map it to the correct Atari scan codes (just copy what's already there) and then just output the right code if one or the other input codes is received. I wouldn't need a big mod to the code. If the input is a normal keyboard scan code output the Atari scan code, if the keyboard input is the Logitech input scan code output the same Atari scan code. You'd have to check otherwise you'd break what's already working but it should just be adding a couple of if statements.
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Well the first one is made but my Mega STE is awaiting parts so I had to buy a mega 1 off ebay yesterday to test them which will hopefully arrive in a couple of days :D

Number 1.png
Number 1.png (750.95 KiB) Viewed 2439 times

Oh and some fluxclean before I send any out :P

UTR
poolking

Post by poolking »

will these be available soon be looking for one for while thanks
DoG

Post by DoG »

UnderTheRain wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:42 am Well the first one is made but my Mega STE is awaiting parts so I had to buy a mega 1 off ebay yesterday to test them which will hopefully arrive in a couple of days :D
Haha, yeah. Good way to get more Ataris. "I need one more for 'development'..." :lol:
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Yeah not sure how I explain away the 65xe and 130xe that arrived this morning lol and I'm still watching those falcons ;P
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Aha it was worth it once the mega arrived I found a small fault in my pcb, the data sheet for one component I had was inverted meaning 2 pins crossed over I have new PCB's on the way should be here for next weekend. Other than that it's working well and good so if anyone wants one I should have some next weekend.

UTR

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”