The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
mrbombermillzy

Re: The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Post by mrbombermillzy »

I'd say avoid wearing any synthetic (i.e. nylon) clothes. Try to wear cotton or better still, go to a hippy festival and buy yourself a hemp outfit.

Failing that, you should probably just turn the dehumidifier down a touch.

However, going too far the other way comes with its own problems...

I used to live 10 metres away from the sea in a flat above a hairdressers. As you can imagine, the walls were quite funky and actually had a 'rising sea salt' issue on them (when I reported the 'problem', the landlord told me it was all ok and even tried to get me to lick the wall, like it was a feature :shock: ).

Anyhow, after a few months of blasting the heating on with the windows constantly open to keep the mould at bay, most stuff that was against the wall would, when pulled back, show a big patch of mould on the wall and on the actual item that was against it, ruining several items, including some good books. Not only that, but some electrical items would blow when powered on (including some retro gear; by which time I threw in the towel and left).

Sounds like your place is a little bit like this. :(
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:41 pm I'd say avoid wearing any synthetic (i.e. nylon) clothes. Try to wear cotton or better still, go to a hippy festival and buy yourself a hemp outfit.
You just made me wonder if synthetic carpets can create static too.

Since it's hardly picking any water up lately. I've decided to alter the setting so it automatically cuts out. I don't need it on in the evenings now. The environment is nice now. I can leave my coffee machine ages between cleans and still be mould free.

My dehumidifier is only on downstairs. My gear is upstairs.

I think everyone has had a landlord like that at some point. :lol: Not so funny when you're living in it...

My dehumidifier was pulling 10 litres a day last summer, sometimes more. But yeah. I can chill on that front now as it's only drawing a shot glass full.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm You just made me wonder if synthetic carpets can create static too.
Yep polyester, nylon etc.

When I was doing my technical training, at lunchtime we would go to woolys or something and go upstairs to the audio stuff.. I would constantly get belts if I touched the handrails :lol: Ironically it was more entertaining than the music at the time :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Thought of you @exxos when I saw this vid:

US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm Thought of you @exxos when I saw this vid:
In the rare times I get a good night sleep, I walk around like that without any equipment attached :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:23 pm
Cosmic Puppet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm Thought of you @exxos when I saw this vid:
In the rare times I get a good night sleep, I walk around like that without any equipment attached :lol:
:lol:
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Steve wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm You probably want to look at doing it slightly differently: try hdmi to VGA and then get a VGA to Scart adaptor.

I have personally used this adaptor for converting my OSSC HDMI output to VGA and it doesn't seem to have any quality loss and is also zero lag: Here

Then get a VGA to SCART cable: Here

This might work a bit better.

Here's a video of some guy using the Tendak to convert his PS4 to VGA: Here
It didn't work. I just got some glitchy black and white diagonal images accompanied with buzzing. I guess it needs to go through an OSSC or something.

The setup I have already is not bad to be fair. Just some caveats, like the sound muting if I pause video play on my phone and the odd scart adapter reset. Been using it for a week now and I think it's probably adequate for my use.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ah okay :( well hopefully you can find another use for that DAC elsewhere
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Steve wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:39 pm Ah okay :( well hopefully you can find another use for that DAC elsewhere
There have been a few instances where I've bought something and it's come in useful a year later. :lol:
derkom

Post by derkom »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 am There have been a few instances where I've bought something and it's come in useful a year later. :lol:
And you still knew where it was? :lol:

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”