The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Cosmic Puppet

Re: The Cosmic Puppet's Universe.

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:37 pm Hey, on a slight tangent (but still relevant) I came across the site of one Frank Sharp a while ago.

He has a big blog site on CRT TV repairs for literally hundreds of models.

He seems to be quite a character.

Just reading through, his comments on how modern LCD screens are POS, along with his personal philosophies is quite an interesting read:

https://obsoletetellyemuseum.blogspot.c ... e-map.html

Maybe he can give some repair advice, or have a look if he is close enough? (Couldnt figure out where he is based though as is a bit like the Best Electronics website :stars: ).
Yeah, the site is like my home tourist town just now.

I just can't...
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Managed to capture this weirdness. :lol:

US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Wow lol, seems you need a recalibration! :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

You be fine :crazy:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

Steve wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 pm Wow lol, seems you need a recalibration! :)
Yeah. :lol:
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:51 pmYou be fine :crazy:
Had lots of checks done today (including a brain scan) and it all checks out.

GP was worried because of the bad headaches/pain and sensitivity to light.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 pm GP was worried because of the bad headaches/pain and sensitivity to light.
That's just normal for me.

My girlfriend had migraines a lot and even lost the sight in her left eye. She has idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 pm That's just normal for me.

My girlfriend had migraines a lot and even lost the sight in her left eye. She has idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Woah. Sounds bad.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:42 pm Woah. Sounds bad.
Yeah was not a fun time. It was the opticians who saw a swelling behind her eye. They referred her to hospital. But when we had Lola like 4 years ago, she bent down to pick her up and she said her left eye vision went yellow then black. I rang 111 and they told us to take her to A&E.

It's normally a symptom of a brain tumor. Because the optic nerves connect to the brain. But thankfully it wasn't.we had good doctor at one point in hospital. A young one, poor guy himself was almost in tears as everyone thought she had a brain tumor. He got her a late night scan. They normally went home at like midnight , but they kept open longer to do her scan (thankfully !) And thankfully that doctor appeared like 10mins later with the scan results. First and only time anyone did anything quick in hospital.if we had any other doctor I think we would have been in mortal torment for more days.

The whole epic lasted a week. Neither of us slept the whole week, we didn't have a thing with us either. Not a fun time. Even though I don't sleep much in general , after a week of zero sleep I was knackered like you wouldn't believe. I had a hard time remembering how to drive home.

She's OK now thankfully. She has to take meds and can't lift anything heavy anymore , but her eyesight is fine. She went for a checkup at hospital a few weeks ago. When I walked down to meet her on her way out, even with her having a facemask on I could tell she was really happy for some reason. She had been discharged with no more checkups needed. The swelling on her optic nerves was well into remission now.

She no longer gets migraines either. She had them all her life. Her GP just kept giving her stronger and stronger pain killers :roll: it's a good job she had her eyes tested as it was them who picked up on the issue in the first place.

Really is amazing what odd illnesses there is out there. I've got loads wrong with me :lol: girlfriend also is hard of hearing, she could get it fixed but we all had enough of hospitals for a while now. Was funny when she had a hearing test no long ago, she had headphones on and had to listen to beeps etc. I was sat across room, girlfriend didn't hear most of the beeps, but I did :lol: my hearing isn't normal. I think sounds are like 5x louder to me than normal people. :roll: I've got a air filter running in my room, its on low, and I can hear my heart beating ! All part of why I don't sleep much as any tiny sound wakes me up.

Anyway, enough medial ranting for one post :lol:
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

I actually had an eye test booked before this kicked off to tweak my reading glasses which had been on hold for 2 years and everything checks out 100%. I don't recall actually being told what it is. Woke up with the bad head today and now the Sun is my sworn enemy. Apart from that I'm fine. Will just push through and keep doing the fitness stuff.

The hospital were amazing as they did it all in an afternoon.

I'm really glad that you had a happy outcome. My mind immediately went to "My brain is bleeding. I have a brain tumour"
It was one of those stupid air "freshener" things that kicked it off. Sprayed stuff into the air automatically when I was in my folk's bathroom then my nose was stinging, then sinus infection to this.

10 years ago I was told to go to hospital for the same reason. I've remembered that I also had a bad sinus infection there too. So hopefully this should eventually go away as I need to just role with the pain when I'm riding a bike etc otherwise I'm not gonna be on the ball. It feels like I've picked off a hard scab. Really hard to describe the feeling but it wakes me up.

At this rate I might move to a remote Scottish Island to get away from pollution. Started saving to go back to the East Coast of Scotland.

Her eye went like a broken Atari :D

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”