General Stuff(tm)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
stephen_usher

Re: General Stuff(tm)

Post by stephen_usher »

Hehe.

Phew! Just back to the hotel after the first day at the Retro Computer Festival. It's been a fun but full-on day,

It was great to see eveyone who turned up.

I've mostly switched over to the 2nd day's display. There was a bit of a panic moment when it looked as if my TF536 STFM was only outputting black video and I thought it was a problem caused by the journey. As it was pointed out by one of the other exhibitors, the SCART cable was half hanging out of the TV!

I can clear up my mess in the morning ready for the new visitors.

Anyway, time to think about food and then the pub again.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
JezC

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 am I didn't fall for @JezC 's sales pitch as I'm not entirely in the market for a Spectrum vDrive, but the vDrive QL is ordered :roll:
@rubber_jonnie It's hardly a sales pitch...more an observation on how you might stretch the budget a bit further! Of course, not buying anything seems the best way to make the money last even longer...but where's the fun in that? :D :lol: ;)
JezC

Post by JezC »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 pm Hehe.

Phew! Just back to the hotel after the first day at the Retro Computer Festival. It's been a fun but full-on day,

It was great to see eveyone who turned up.

I've mostly switched over to the 2nd day's display. There was a bit of a panic moment when it looked as if my TF536 STFM was only outputting black video and I thought it was a problem caused by the journey. As it was pointed out by one of the other exhibitors, the SCART cable was half hanging out of the TV!

I can clear up my mess in the morning ready for the new visitors.

Anyway, time to think about food and then the pub again.
Hope the second day goes well too! it'd be interesting to hear more about the other exhibitors at some point.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Well, one at least, BinaryDinosaurs (twitter handle) would be a start for people to follow on there.

I must admit not seeing the other exhibits nearly enough. Running an exhibit takes all the time... and I kept on forgetting to drink.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Oh, and @Icky that's an amazing house. Let's hope that everything goes smoothly this time and the stables become that mighty retro-workshop!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Thanks @stephen_usher lets hope so

Nice to see some exxos forum folk at the event yesterday. @rubber_jonnie , @stephen_usher and @SophieRose.

Also bumped into someone from my work too at the event it’s a small world.

There was not too much Amiga or Atari on show but that will be remedied with your stand Stephen today.

@rubber_jonnie have you researched the Aquarius remake yet?
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:02 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 am I didn't fall for @JezC 's sales pitch as I'm not entirely in the market for a Spectrum vDrive, but the vDrive QL is ordered :roll:
@rubber_jonnie It's hardly a sales pitch...more an observation on how you might stretch the budget a bit further! Of course, not buying anything seems the best way to make the money last even longer...but where's the fun in that? :D :lol: ;)
Well, you can't take it with you can you!!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 am Oh, and @Icky that's an amazing house. Let's hope that everything goes smoothly this time and the stables become that mighty retro-workshop!
Yes @Icky I'd certainly second that :)
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am Thanks @stephen_usher lets hope so

Nice to see some exxos forum folk at the event yesterday. @rubber_jonnie , @stephen_usher and @SophieRose.

Also bumped into someone from my work too at the event it’s a small world.

There was not too much Amiga or Atari on show but that will be remedied with your stand Stephen today.

Yes it was a really good day and great to catch up in person with you all.

As for the Aquarius remake, not as yet, but I found this: https://adwaterandstir.com/product/kenbak-1/ so I may as well add it to the shopping list with all the other stuff!!
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am
Hmm,I found this on PCBWay: https://www.pcbway.com/project/sharepro ... Rev_C.html

Off to look for the real machines on fleabay, see what prices are like.....

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”