I might be a bit quiet #2 ...

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I might be a bit quiet #2 ...

Post by Icky »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:32 am With that you could…

Sell it on eBay and buy a second house. :lol:
Indeed. This doesn't cover the Atari collection. :). I'm just glad I didn't pay the silly prices of this stuff today otherwise there wouldn't be such a collection. Don't know if you noticed the ZX Spectrum's actually are in their original posted boxes including one has an original address. I wonder if the person is still around :)
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:37 am I hope you've recapped that, I did mine recently and caught it just in time.
That's a job once settled in the new house. I have checked it out and it's hanging in there. This was another car boot find at £25 and even came with an M1230XA inside :)

The A500 I did catch in time with the RTC battery that had started to leak.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Finally got a moving date and started packing the lair yesterday and it’s taking a long time to pack with all the parts, systems and electronics.

I came across an old T-Mobile MDA (Windows CE phone) which powered up. Also an old Nintendo DS which I found pictures the kids had taken of themselves when they had got hold of it whilst I wasn’t looking many years ago. Great fun in sending them the pics to embarrass them, that’s a dad's role in life :)

IMG_0596.png
IMG_0596.png (902.86 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

That's great news @Icky glad to hear yourmove is happening at last, hope it all goes smoothly

:cheer: :dualthumbup: :cheer:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Where is the other 100 Atari boxes ?? :lol: :chairsmack:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am Where is the other 100 Atari boxes ?? :lol: :chairsmack:
Lots of boxes all round the house and in the garage at the moment. Am totally lost in boxes.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:38 am
exxos wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am Where is the other 100 Atari boxes ?? :lol: :chairsmack:
Lots of boxes all round the house and in the garage at the moment. Am totally lost in boxes.
Ahh, boxpocalypse how I miss you. NOT

Still doing the opposite and suffering from all the dust in my workshop boxes that came from the old house. Can't stop sneezing!!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Good news. I look forward to seeing the retro-techno-stable in action.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

A whole day of packing the rest of the house today. Tomorrow the majority of the boxes and furniture move out.

For some reason there are more boxes marked Office than any other room marked on other boxes prompting comments from the family that I need help :) apparently retro hobbies are an addiction and an illness all rolled into one.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 pm For some reason there are more boxes marked Office than any other room marked on other boxes prompting comments from the family that I need help :) apparently retro hobbies are an addiction and an illness all rolled into one.
Like women and shoes I guess :lol: :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Good luck with the move @Icky !
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”