I might be a bit quiet #2 ...

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

I might be a bit quiet #2 ...

Post by Icky »

Following in the footsteps of @rubber_jonnie's blog on moving https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =18&t=3905 I too am currently going through the painful process.

Thus Atari work has been suffering the past few weeks and will continue to do so for a while.

As part of boxing up things this evening I will be getting down all the retro hoarding from the loft to see what needs packing. I think there may be a bit more than I remember putting up there. Pictures will follow.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I might be a bit quiet #2 ...

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:34 pm Following in the footsteps of @rubber_jonnie's blog on moving https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =18&t=3905 I too am currently going through the painful process.

Thus Atari work has been suffering the past few weeks and will continue to do so for a while.

As part of boxing up things this evening I will be getting down all the retro hoarding from the loft to see what needs packing. I think there may be a bit more than I remember putting up there. Pictures will follow.
I truly hope it all goes smoothly for you, and like me you'll be in your new place and planning what's next in no time at all.

My advice, get lots of boxes for your retro stuff :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

Also rember to pack your tools 🔧 so you can get at them on a whim.

Tom
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Good tips @rubber_jonnie and @Tomswork.

Already had interesting discussions about the giant 3D printer needing to be transported via me and not the movers.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:39 am Already had interesting discussions about the giant 3D printer needing to be transported via me and not the movers.
That sounds a good idea. They only gotta drop it once and you'll end up rebuilding the thing :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:39 am Good tips @rubber_jonnie and @Tomswork.

Already had interesting discussions about the giant 3D printer needing to be transported via me and not the movers.
I only have a regular 3d printer, but I took it with me to the rental place and then on to the new house because I thought it would likely get smashed. Don't let them take it, do it yourself.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Oh dear and this is only half of it. I really didn't realised how much I have been hoarding. There are a lot of 'puters hiding in those boxes.

IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0429.jpeg (276.31 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

There be Dragons! (and Amstrad and Atari STs)

What's in the DEC case?
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

stephen_usher wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 pm There be Dragons! (and Amstrad and Atari STs)
There be all sorts of things :)

I am going to have to get everything out to check what I have and catalog and repack properly. However I need to resist the urge to turn everything on and test its working.
stephen_usher wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 pm What's in the DEC case?
I think it's a 486DX laptop.

I'll take more pics as I go through stuff. I may even offer some of it up for sale depending on what I find :)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Icky wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:52 pm I am going to have to get everything out to check what I have and catalog and repack properly. However I need to resist the urge to turn everything on and test its working.
That'll have to be after the move and before it gets packed away again!
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”