My personal (hot-rodded) Falcon (video)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Steve

My personal (hot-rodded) Falcon (video)

Post by Steve »

Hey guys,

I had my Falcon open today so recorded a little bit about the things I've done to it over the years, for those who might be interested.

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My personal (hot-rodded) Falcon (video)

Post by exxos »

Great video! :bravo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

The graphics capabilities sound amazing! I've been feeling pleased with my monochrome dithered images. :lol:
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
~Willie~

Post by ~Willie~ »

Very good vid Steve.

RasSCSI ! 8-) Presumably an external DIY Pi to SCSI port interface could achieve those same networking ends, al a RasSCSI network dongle? Anyway that's really pipped my interest so would be really interested to know how you're getting on with it.
Steve

Post by Steve »

~Willie~ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:58 pm Very good vid Steve.

RasSCSI ! 8-) Presumably an external DIY Pi to SCSI port interface could achieve those same networking ends, al a RasSCSI network dongle? Anyway that's really pipped my interest so would be really interested to know how you're getting on with it.
Hey Willie, check out the following: https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI/wiki

There are people making/selling units so once you get your Falcon back you'll be able to buy one and play around with it. You can connect it to the external SCSI bus on your machine (I sadly cannot get more of the internal SCSI boards)
~Willie~

Post by ~Willie~ »

Steve wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:51 pm
~Willie~ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:58 pm Very good vid Steve.

Hey Willie, check out the following: https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI/wiki

There are people making/selling units so once you get your Falcon back you'll be able to buy one and play around with it. You can connect it to the external SCSI bus on your machine (I sadly cannot get more of the internal SCSI boards)
Thanks for the link Steve. I'll be checking that out with the Pi later this evening!
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

Steve wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:08 pm
This video's going *straight* to the pool room[1]!

BW

[1] I mean next on my YouTube playlist, obviously ;)
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

You must have the most pimped out Falcon I have EVER seen Steve! :D

That RasSCSI looks interesting...I was looking out for a cheap SCSI2SD v5.5 'pocket' edition (in casing), so I could use it on my TT/F030/Quadra 660AV, but the prices seem to have rocketed up recently, so not such a great deal.

I wonder what sort of prices these RasSCSI devices will cost built?
Atari74user

Post by Atari74user »

That's really cool to see, thanks for the video!
:cheers:
AtariTOSser
Medusa Hades 060 512mb, ET4000 / MACH64 | Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI, FA8, GigaFile & CT60e | Atari Jaguar, GD, Skunkboard & Cat Box | Atari 520STFM 4mb, Exxos Booster, TOS switcher, OverScan, UltraSatan, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, ICD Link 2, ADAP, ADAP II, Lynex, ADAS-ST, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMPII, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & ExPort...

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”