Non ST booster - had ours yesterday

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Non ST booster - had ours yesterday

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Well, yesterday it was booster day for us, we both went to a nearby centre where we both had Moderna, having had AZ for our main innoculation.

While we don't feel as ill as our last jab, boy do our arms hurt, and this morning, both of us have really stiff joints.

Anybody else got any post booster side effects?
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non ST booster - had ours yesterday

Post by exxos »

Dawn had pz last week, she got a dead arm and was poorly for a couple of days. She was OK with az, I was poorly with az.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

That was well timed. Was just talking to @exxos about having my booster as I am sat currently in the centre wait for the obligatory 15mins before leaving.

Edit: AZ previously and now have just had Comirnaty shoved in my arm.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:13 am That was well timed. Was just talking to @exxos about having my booster as I am sat currently in the centre wait for the obligatory 15mins before leaving.
Yeah, we were told we had to wait in the centre for 15 minutes, they said it was a new thing they'd introduced. Previously we'd had our jabs on different days, so my wife drove when I had mine, and vice versa.

Feel like I have a dead arm and it's nearly 24 hrs later. Joints are feeling better after some co-codamol.
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

exxos wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:10 am Dawn had pz last week, she got a dead arm and was poorly for a couple of days. She was OK with az, I was poorly with az.
I was pretty ill with my first AZ, even had to take a day sick, though where I work they are very pro vaccination, so had no problems with that. 2nd AZ wasn't so bad.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Off for my third one today. The wife had hers 2 weeks ago but she couldn't remember what she had, wasn't Pfizer.

Obviously happy to be having it but not looking forward to the side effects.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

My wife had her booster (Moderna) yesterday & her arm started hurting within minutes & within 1/2 hour her temp was up to 39. A couple of paracetamol and she felt much better a couple of hours later.

My turn in a fortnight... :?
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PhilC wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:44 am Off for my third one today. The wife had hers 2 weeks ago but she couldn't remember what she had, wasn't Pfizer.

Obviously happy to be having it but not looking forward to the side effects.
Fingers crossed you don't have any!
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:58 am My wife had her booster (Moderna) yesterday & her arm started hurting within minutes & within 1/2 hour her temp was up to 39. A couple of paracetamol and she felt much better a couple of hours later.

My turn in a fortnight... :?
Good luck with that!

My arm is still hurting after co-codamol this morning.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:17 am Yeah, we were told we had to wait in the centre for 15 minutes, they said it was a new thing they'd introduced. Previously we'd had our jabs on different days, so my wife drove when I had mine, and vice versa.
Odd, they always told us to wait 15mins. I didn't though, thought if I've not passed out walking around the building to get out I'd be fine. Poorly didn't hit until much later, at night anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”