New moderator derkom

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

New moderator derkom

Post by exxos »

I want to officially announce our new moderator @derkom :thumbup:

With are current moderator team going through either midlife crisis , or moving houses etc It is clear we have all been struggling to keep up with General moderation tasks throughout the day for some time now. derkom volunteered to help out, so we are are of course all grateful for him for spending his time to help us out!

His main duties will be correcting people's posts who do not place images in posts properly, or linking to external sites, which are actually against our forum rules. He also has full permission to bash people over the head repeatedly get all this wrong :lol: :chairsmack:

derkom will also be tidying up general spelling mistakes and typos in everyone's post. I think with a lot of members not natively speaking English, typos in posts will make it even harder for such people actually understand what is being said. I think overall this will make the forum a much more " user-friendly" environment.

So welcome to the world of chaos @derkom :cheers:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New moderator derkom

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Go @derkom

:girldance: :girldance: :girldance:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:53 pm derkom will also be tidying up general spelling mistakes and typos in everyone's post.
Is this the end of glitter? @derkom takes on the spell mistakes made while you type? Congrats derkom. :bravo:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:03 pm Is this the end of glitter?
glitter can stay :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Thank you @exxos!

And let it be said that the aim in any post tidying is to help create a smooth forum experience for everyone. If anyone ever sees anything I've "touched up" that they'd rather not have been "fixed", do let me know. I'm not offended if you ask me to back off. :lol: I've talked quite a bit with exxos about this, and it is my hope that almost everything I do is mostly invisible anyway. Pretty much like real life. :mrgreen:
derkom

Post by derkom »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:03 pm Is this the end of glitter? @derkom takes on the spell mistakes made while you type? Congrats derkom. :bravo:
Oh hell no. As I said above, I hope mostly to be invisible. I am no schoolmarm, and I have no intention of getting in the way of any... let's say "personality". :D
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Well we have girl dance for rubber Jonnie.. I think a small explosion of glitter for derkom. :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:13 pm Well we have girl dance for rubber Jonnie.. I think a small explosion of glitter for derkom. :)
Just need to find a 'Small explosion of glitter' emoji now :)

:girldance:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
TheNameOfTheGame

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

derkom wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 pm
PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:03 pm Is this the end of glitter? @derkom takes on the spell mistakes made while you type? Congrats derkom. :bravo:
Oh hell no. As I said above, I hope mostly to be invisible. I am no schoolmarm, and I have no intention of getting in the way of any... let's say "personality". :D
Hmmm, good to hear your stance...this new "feature" of the forum doesn't appeal to me tbh. I think people's posts should not be edited unless by them or if they request it of the mods.
derkom

Post by derkom »

TheNameOfTheGame wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:43 pm Hmmm, good to hear your stance...this new "feature" of the forum doesn't appeal to me tbh. I think people's posts should not be edited unless by them or if they request it of the mods.
Don't worry, my opinion is very close to yours. I think that I'm doing my job well if I'm hardly doing it at all. :D In fact one of the reasons I volunteered in the first place was because I feel like I can do a good job of basically not being there, and I'm strongly opposed to any kind of heavy-handed approach.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”