1040 STf error i6

Problems with your machine in general.
Atome_X

Re: 1040 STf error i6

Post by Atome_X »

Hi all,

Good news today I receive my new MFP and it's working, except the keyboard, but the Atari is running, with working disque drive and semi working hard drive.
I have to wash the keyboard and reassemble the mousse to make more test.
I will give you more news later, thank's to all for the support.
DoG

Post by DoG »

There is two MC6850P (ACIA) that you can swap with each other. One is handling the MIDI communication and the other is handling the keyboard. Clean with IPA. Reseat in socket (if it is in socket).
Atome_X

Post by Atome_X »

DoG wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:21 pm There is two MC6850P (ACIA) that you can swap with each other. One is handling the MIDI communication and the other is handling the keyboard. Clean with IPA. Reseat in socket (if it is in socket).
Hi DoG,

The keyboard is working, I have 32 key not working, I have order Loctite contact to try a reparation.
Atome_X

Post by Atome_X »

Hi all,

Some news about my STf reborn, I have repair all the key (working and not working) with Loctite MR3863, FDD is working, Megafile 30 is working I have updated the driver to 6.061.

The last things I have to do is repair the SM124, the light and contrast is very low, if you know what it can be it will be great.

Thank's to your help, regards.

Cyril
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Atome_X wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:33 pm Hi all,

Some news about my STf reborn, I have repair all the key (working and not working) with Loctite MR3863, FDD is working, Megafile 30 is working I have updated the driver to 6.061.

The last things I have to do is repair the SM124, the light and contrast is very low, if you know what it can be it will be great.

Thank's to your help, regards.

Cyril
How many hours has the SM124 been running? CRTs get dimmer with age as the cathode degrades.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Atome_X wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:33 pm The last things I have to do is repair the SM124, the light and contrast is very low, if you know what it can be it will be great.
Please open up a new topic about this as is not on the same subject to the initial posts.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”