Falcon with Screenblaster III and Eagle Sonic 32

Problems with your machine in general.
foft

Re: Falcon with Screenblaster III and Eagle Sonic 32

Post by foft »

Steve wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:42 pm Might be worth dumping the PAL chip on the eagle sonic and comparing it to another backup elsewhere if there is anything available. Could be something straight forward like aging capacitors causing the lock up, maybe PSU.

Either way it's moot, just restore it and then get a DFB1 instead for all that fast ram goodness ;)
Yeah I didn't re-cap this PSU yet, better order another kit.

Wonder if the TL866II can read this PAL, will give it a spin.

Also I'm very tempted by the DFB1. Though I also have some things marked 71E41J sitting on my desk, which I'm very tempted to put into one of the Falcons! Does the DFB1 work ok, with bus speeders? So I could leave the Centurbo 1 evolution 3b in and add that to one Falcon, then CT63 the other?
Steve

Post by Steve »

foft wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:42 am
Steve wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:42 pm Might be worth dumping the PAL chip on the eagle sonic and comparing it to another backup elsewhere if there is anything available. Could be something straight forward like aging capacitors causing the lock up, maybe PSU.

Either way it's moot, just restore it and then get a DFB1 instead for all that fast ram goodness ;)
Yeah I didn't re-cap this PSU yet, better order another kit.

Wonder if the TL866II can read this PAL, will give it a spin.

Also I'm very tempted by the DFB1. Though I also have some things marked 71E41J sitting on my desk, which I'm very tempted to put into one of the Falcons! Does the DFB1 work ok, with bus speeders? So I could leave the Centurbo 1 evolution 3b in and add that to one Falcon, then CT63 the other?
It should work fine eventually just still in alpha testing at the moment.
foft

Post by foft »

I backed out the upgrade and it’s working fine as a stock falcon.

I also tried to read the PALCE20v8, it reads as all 1s, which I guess is the security bit.

Anyway the Eagle is out, if anyone collects and wants it let me know, otherwise I guess I’ll just harvest the 68030 and gal20v8 for other projects:)

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”