STE 32MHz PLUG IN BOOSTER (again) 2021 variation

Help & information about the STE V1 series boosters.
tzok

Re: STE 32MHz PLUG IN BOOSTER (again) 2021 variation

Post by tzok »

For FDD most lines there are open collector with pull-ups, so adding capacitance parallel to the ground creates a nice low pass filter.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

The capacitance on the overlap is likely going to be miniscule compared to the capacitance on the cable itself.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

Ok, the FD connector is finally repaired.

My SMD-300 seems to be dead (led does not light up and nothing happens...) so I have replaced it with my HXC floppy emulator.

Everything works great and without any glitches with Exxos beta booster.

I have no problems at all with my Ultrasatan nor my HXC.

I have played some games, launched some programs, made some transfers between the Ultrasatan and the HXC without any issues.

My GEMbench resusts are:

GEMbench.jpeg
GEMbench.jpeg (521.14 KiB) Viewed 4293 times

I also made a loop test for 1 hour and everything is normal.

So the booster works flawlessly on my STE and makes me totally happy ! :D

Thanks again Exxos for this nice hardware you made. I hope you will go on with a full release.

Let's just hope that philbo34 will also have good news to share.

Cheers !
philbo34

Post by philbo34 »

I'm still awaiting another ste motherboard mine died unplugging the ide card. Not had time to investigate further.
I think some of the socket pins not making contact as won't boot at mo , just black screen. There is a change to the pic pressing the reset button for a split second. Just can't get time off work at mo
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

philbo34 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:59 pm I'm still awaiting another ste motherboard mine died unplugging the ide card. Not had time to investigate further.
I think some of the socket pins not making contact as won't boot at mo , just black screen. There is a change to the pic pressing the reset button for a split second. Just can't get time off work at mo
It would be great to know if your IDE card works with Exxos' booster once you get your new motherboard...

Anyway, keep us informed.
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

HigashiJun wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:07 am So the booster works flawlessly on my STE and makes me totally happy ! :D
I've been watching this one with much interest!

Good work, Exxos.

BW.
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Finally got a few built and being tested currently.. Hopefully they will be in my store in the near future. I am not planning on building up many of these because boosters are just not popular enough and finding GALs which actually work is getting harder as time goes on..

IMG_6568.JPG
IMG_6568.JPG (424.34 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Wondered if these could make use of fast-ram or at least alt-ram? Though that's adding in a whole load of extra complications unfortunately.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DaveC wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 pm Wondered if these could make use of fast-ram or at least alt-ram? Though that's adding in a whole load of extra complications unfortunately.
They could be made to work with fast ram. But there's no interest in the STFM versions and 5V SRAM totals £100 in just the RAM alone. Would take a lot of time and be expensive. Nobody would buy it.

I did a TF536 adapter for the STE but there's just not enough interest in the ST to really warrant doing much with boosters anymore. It's why I haven't really bothered much with the SEC booster for a long time.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

I know I'd like some sort of booster, would prefer it to be for my STe as I'd like to be able to use DMA sound and MiNT. Though MINT isn't great with only 4Mb to use. Guess I could hope for the STe TF adapter?

Return to “STE V1 SERIES 32MHz BOOSTER”