ubeswitch - video adapter.

Various other hardware solutions.
ube

Re: ubeswitch - video adapter.

Post by ube »

Audio question though: the 3.5mm jack should "just work" for audio out, right? I've tried on two STs and I get nothing (I've twiddled the knob plenty)
Yes, it should. They're designed to be used with a 3.5mm A/V plug. It should always work with "normal" headphones, can't say anything about Android/iPhone headsets but they will most probably not work since the ring layout is probably different from this design.
master of the bare pcb
stween

Post by stween »

ube wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Audio question though: the 3.5mm jack should "just work" for audio out, right? I've tried on two STs and I get nothing (I've twiddled the knob plenty)
Yes, it should. They're designed to be used with a 3.5mm A/V plug. It should always work with "normal" headphones, can't say anything about Android/iPhone headsets but they will most probably not work since the ring layout is probably different from this design.
That's what I thought. I tried two sets of headphones, one over-ears with only L/R/GND, then some in-ears with a fourth pole for the inline mic. Nada, but I'll poke it again tomorrow.
ube

Post by ube »

stween wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm
ube wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm

That's what I thought. I tried two sets of headphones, one over-ears with only L/R/GND, then some in-ears with a fourth pole for the inline mic. Nada, but I'll poke it again tomorrow.
If you can't get it to work, hit me up either on facebook (messenger) or drop me a PM here, I'll send you a new one if that's the case.
master of the bare pcb
stween

Post by stween »

ube wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm
stween wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm
If you can't get it to work, hit me up either on facebook (messenger) or drop me a PM here, I'll send you a new one if that's the case.
That's more than generous! I'll shoot you a PM here.
San-A

Post by San-A »

Hi
I wonder if it is posible to add a long cable with an external button (like a reset button) to allow switching resolution from the front of the keyboard.
Is there any free pins to add such cable/button ?
Or is there another model with this option ?

San-A
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

San-A wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:17 pm I wonder if it is possible to add a long cable with an external button (like a reset button) to allow switching resolution from the front of the keyboard.
Is there any free pins to add such cable/button ?
Or is there another model with this option ?

There is no other model, you would have to remove the switch and solder the cables yourself to a new switch. This is of course done entirely at your own risk.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
ube

Post by ube »

Well.... There IS the external button header.. :)

I’d say it’s exactly for this. :

(It might be about time to update the image and description, Exxos :) )
master of the bare pcb
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

ube wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:15 pm (It might be about time to update the image and description, Exxos :) )
Thats your job ;)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Ah, I wondered what the 6 holes under the pot were for... ;)
ube

Post by ube »

JezC wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:37 pm Ah, I wondered what the 6 holes under the pot were for... ;)

There’s a two pin header under the button on v1.2 and above. Exxos is selling v1.4, which includes the possibility to use hsync instead for detecting switches.
master of the bare pcb

Return to “HARDWARE ESSENTIALS”