Xilinx programming cable USB -- anyone got this one?

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Badwolf

Xilinx programming cable USB -- anyone got this one?

Post by Badwolf »

I've been trying to help Frank get his Xilinx programmer working so we can try to work on some trouble he's having with his DFB1.

He's got a knock-off programming cable labelled as DLC9LP and with the following in lsusb:-

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 03fd:000f Xilinx, Inc.
Now 03fd/000f isn't listed in my copy of xc3prog, but we've tried setting it up as "xpc" (as that was the closest with 03fd/0008) via a cables database text file to no avail.

Does anyone have one of these matching these VIP/PID settings & know how to get it to work?

Ta,

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
czietz

Re: Xilinx programming cable USB -- anyone got this one?

Post by czietz »

This post indicates that 03fd:000f is one of the PIDs the cable can have when it expects the user to load the firmware to the cable:
https://github.com/timvideos/litex-buil ... nder-Linux
Elethiomel

Post by Elethiomel »

If you can't get stuff working, using a raspberry pi with a few jumper cables has worked very well for me

https://linuxjedi.co.uk/2021/11/25/revi ... pberry-pi/
frank.lukas

Post by frank.lukas »

Problem is I have not a pi and my PC had win7 and Ubuntu 15.04 on it. I can not install xc3sprog onto Linux because I can not upgrade to a newer version the PC is a 32bit one. So I must work with windows 7 ...
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

czietz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:46 pm This post indicates that 03fd:000f is one of the PIDs the cable can have when it expects the user to load the firmware to the cable:
https://github.com/timvideos/litex-buil ... nder-Linux
Oh my word!

Thanks, Christian. That looks an absolute pain.

BW
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

frank.lukas wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm Problem is I have not a pi and my PC had win7 and Ubuntu 15.04 on it. I can not install xc3sprog onto Linux because I can not upgrade to a newer version the PC is a 32bit one. So I must work with windows 7 ...
Looking at the instructions Christian posted, it might be easier, quicker and cheaper to get a Pi ZeroW!

BW
troed

Post by troed »

This is what mine presented before it had been initialized (firmware uploaded? Don't remember).

Wasn't a big deal to sort out.
czietz

Post by czietz »

Badwolf wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 pm Thanks, Christian. That looks an absolute pain.
Hm, isn't it just one single command ("fxload ...") that Frank needs to run to load the firmware into the cable?
Badwolf wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 pm Looking at the instructions Christian posted, it might be easier, quicker and cheaper to get a Pi ZeroW!
Looking at the worldwide(!) availability (or rather: non-availability) of Pi Zeros I doubt that: https://rpilocator.com/?cat=PIZERO
Steve

Post by Steve »

czietz wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:23 am Looking at the worldwide(!) availability (or rather: non-availability) of Pi Zeros I doubt that: https://rpilocator.com/?cat=PIZERO
Only if you buy new, I'm sure Frank could find one in local ads like Facebook market or Gumtree. There are *lots* of people who purchased a Pi for a project but never used it.
frank.lukas

Post by frank.lukas »

When WIN7 boots, the red status LED on the USB cable lights up. I installed Labtool and the USB cable is recognized there, there is no message that it was not found, so I assume that it is recognized. But there is an error message that UREF is not there. I think I killed the USB cable at the very beginning because it also smelled like burnt electronics.

What is the exact way of proceeding when flashing?

A Rasp Pi is too expensive for me. I bought a USB CJMCU FT232H module and am trying it. Otherwise I have to send my Falcon mainboard plus DFB1 to England.

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”