Making a custom resistor network from a BGA design

Tool suggestions, soldering tips, general useful electronics knowhow.
Steve

Making a custom resistor network from a BGA design

Post by Steve »

Hey guys,

Would appreciate some advice as the best way to go about this. The following RT1430B6 'type F' BGA resistor network seems impossible to find and I'm wondering if it can be re-created with some ingenuity.

If I got 2x 10pin resistor SIL arrays, soldered them to the top & bottom corresponding line of pads ... then ran a wire down the centre pads which are common/gnd, then linked the common pin of the two resistor arrays to this gnd line - would it be ok? Sorry! hard to explain! :)

Code: Select all

--------------------
| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |
--------------------
RT1430B6.pdf
(69.53 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Making a custom resistor network from a BGA design

Post by exxos »

Use Style C and link the 2 middle rows as that will do Style F.. ? I think it would be a nightmare to solder a BGA chip anyway.

Normal SIL resistors do the same thing, one common pin to gnd, rest is you "termination". But I'm not a fan of that personally. But also depends on how much current you are pushing through the resistors.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Steve

Re: Making a custom resistor network from a BGA design

Post by Steve »

I can't use C style as this board repair already uses F style and the pad layouts are different.

Return to “ELECTRONICS”