BBC Model B No2. Will it live again!

Any 8bit repairs, images, cool things, upgrades etc.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBC Model B No2. Will it live again!

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:54 pm When you've got the hang of the analogue joysticks, my favourite memories are of Elite (obviously!), Aviator & Revs...others might not have aged quite so well (but Defender, Magic Mushrooms, Monsters, Arcadians & Chuckie Egg to mention just a few others) were all played to death.

Might have to fire up the Beeb emulator later tonight... ;)
That's the problem, getting the hang of the analogue stick! Was just trying Elite. though it crashed, but other stuff has been working, tried Sabre Wulf & Atic Atak and they were good, but I'll see if your recommendations are there and try them, there are 65 pages on this menu system, so there is a good chance!!

As for the Beeb emulator, you know it must be done:)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:00 pm As for the Beeb emulator, you know it must be done:)
Sadly, I only got as far as firing up BeemEm before my presence was required elsewhere...so no BBC retro fix last night :(

And somehow or other I now have yet another STFM heading in my direction... :headbang: :slapface: :chairsmack: :poke: :stickwhack:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:19 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:00 pm As for the Beeb emulator, you know it must be done:)
Sadly, I only got as far as firing up BeemEm before my presence was required elsewhere...so no BBC retro fix last night :(

And somehow or other I now have yet another STFM heading in my direction... :headbang: :slapface: :chairsmack: :poke: :stickwhack:
That's annoying, maybe tonight? As all my ST stuff is in storage I have lost count of the total... And I have another at my parents that I haven't been able to collect because of covid.

Then there's the Electron that's coming......
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 pm That's annoying, maybe tonight? As all my ST stuff is in storage I have lost count of the total... And I have another at my parents that I haven't been able to collect because of covid.

Then there's the Electron that's coming......
Hopefully...but I have some work-related paperwork to finish off (so that my colleagues at work can test the latest changes ready for sending to our customer), so sadly retro time might be limited by that.

I think I've now reached over 30 Atari STs (including the 3x STE, 2x Mega St and 1x Falcon) if I include the H4/H5 boards...so other than a TT if I can ever afford one then I think I will have to stop...and fix the couple of Amigas plus the BBCs...then I can move onto all the synths/samplers/multitrack tape/minidisc recorders and Yamaha DAWs...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Thirty 16 bit Ataris is quite a few.

I've generally spread my retro stuff around the manufacturers. This weekend I've been collecting floppy images for the Amstrad CPC464. I've already got the Amiga A1200 (plus Jaws-II accelerator) ready for display and I still have the Gotek collection of BBC games ready. I've no 8-bit Commodores or Ataris though.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

My collection is quite varied, I reckon 15 or so STs (ST, STF, STFM, STE and MSTE), 8 bit Ataris, including consoles, an A1200, 2 SGI Octanes, Epson hx-20, QL, Spectrum, zx81, Oric Atmos, the list goes on. Oddest is probably the ICL One per Desk.

And of course now the Beebs.

Overall 30 plus machines.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I've just realised that I have more Acorn machines than Ataris! I've my original STM, two STFMs, an STE and my TT (5) and on the Acorn front, three BBC Bs, a B+ 128K, a Master 128 and an A4000 (ARM) (6). Having said that, I have one more Sinclair machine: ZX81, 3x Spectrum (one dead), Spectrum 128K and two QLs... plus a ZX Spectrum Next. It's almost sounding like the song "12 Days of Christmas". :-) "...and an Amstrad with an FD" :lol:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

I found my apple 2e and it needed a recap all the 10uf 16v axial capacitor had split oh well i had 10uf 20v tantalum axial and it was happy again

Tom
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Tomswork wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:25 am I found my apple 2e and it needed a recap all the 10uf 16v axial capacitor had split oh well i had 10uf 20v tantalum axial and it was happy again

Tom
Write up please Tom ;)
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

@rubber_jonnie

I will take some after pictures of the new capacitor they really cleared up alot of the random crashs and the video is sharper it also made the startup beep sharp

Tom

Return to “8 BIT CORNER”