WIP Atari ST ScummVM-lite

Our top picks of ST games!
jeloneal

Re: WIP Atari ST ScummVM-lite

Post by jeloneal »

Are you loading HDDRIVER into TT RAM? Try switching it off.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

jeloneal wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:29 pm Are you loading HDDRIVER into TT RAM? Try switching it off.
Yes, as that's the default and required to get many games to work.

I'm always scared about touching the HDDriver settings. It's far too easy to screw up royally and possibly lose data. You never know what is atomic and what isn't in HDDUTIL.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
jeloneal

Post by jeloneal »

I came across a problem with my Falcon trying to run Indy 4. On my other machines (Mega ST/E and STE) it runs perfectly, from IDE, SCSI and Ultrasatan ACSI.

On Falcon I cannot get it to run. I'm using HDDRIVER 11.03/11.04 and tried different settings for it to no avail. I tried your latest version and it just gives me a blank screen. Older versions at least gave me the initial sound setup menu. After that I get just 2 bombs when it starts to install.

With NVDI 5 it takes me to the install screen and bombs there.

When I try to set resolution to LOW or MED it gives even more bombs. Tried to copy the resources over to the CF card several times from different machines and even did a complete reinstall on SD instead of CF. Same result.

Is there anything special I need to do to get it run on the Falcon?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to “GAME ZONE”