Commander Keen

Our top picks of ST games!
Castello

Commander Keen

Post by Castello »

Hi!
Many, many, many years ago I was playing all of the Commander Keen parts on my first PC. However, I know the game was not originally on PC but on other platforms. So, the question is: was it ever published on Atari, and is it possible to put my paws on it nowadays? Or, can you recommend any games that I could play today on my ST that have a similar feel to those old-school arcade platformers?
bfollowell

Re: Commander Keen

Post by bfollowell »

Castello wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 amHowever, I know the game was not originally on PC but on other platforms.
I'm not really sure what you're referring to here, but I believe you're thinking of some other game series. The Commander Keen series of games was almost exclusively PC. The first five were DOS only. The sixth, Keen Dreams, was released for Mac in 2016 and and Wii U and Switch in 2020. There was a Commander Keen game put out for Gameboy Color in 2001, but of the other titles, the first eight were PC only. The last title, Commander Keen Enters Reality-on-the-Norm, was released for Windows in 2002, but it was point and click icon adventure game similar to LucasArts and Sierra titles and nothing like the original platformers.

You can read more here:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/co ... t,0/so,1a/
8-bit - 800XL - 1050 w/Happy Mod - XF551 - SIO2PCUSB - Ultimate Cart - an assembled, but not quite 100% working  1088XEL & CF3 Dual, "new" filthy 600XL & 800XL winter repair & restoration projects, 400 restoration project
16-bit - 1040STF, TOS 1.4, Gotek - 4160STE, dual-TOS 1.62/2.06, Gotek - Ultrasatan - SF314 Drive - Golden Image Master 3A-1D Drive
Consoles - 2600 Vader - Lynx II

Return to “GAME ZONE”