PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm Not sure, going to put it on some type of base. Just something so its easier to move around. The Eiffel makes it mush easier. You just plug in a mouse, keyboard, mouse while it maintains a small foot print.
Yes - base at least. As you say helps moving it around and stops catching any of the patches underneath on the desk / bench.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:13 pm
PaulJ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm Not sure, going to put it on some type of base. Just something so its easier to move around. The Eiffel makes it mush easier. You just plug in a mouse, keyboard, mouse while it maintains a small foot print.
Yes - base at least. As you say helps moving it around and stops catching any of the patches underneath on the desk / bench.
I was behind when I started so a lot of the fixes were found by you, ForgotMyName, and Exxos so I was able to plan the fixes and put most of them on the top of the board where their better protected. I still have a number on the bottom though where they can get snagged. Hence the OWC box mount currently used.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I've moved up in the world!! Went from an OWC box to a CUSTOM Atari box cut down. I call it an RABox.. One step closer to a rack mount. :yay2: :yay2: :yay2:
IMG_2064.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 5405 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:lolbig: :lolbig: :bravo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky, the OWC box just became available. If you want it you have first shot!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:12 pm Icky, the OWC box just became available. If you want it you have first shot!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Brilliant. :)

I think I would go for the alternative PayPal boxes just so every time Exxos sees those boxes in a picture he starts muttering unmentionable words :D
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm I think I would go for the alternative PayPal boxes just so every time Exxos sees those boxes in a picture he starts muttering unmentionable words :D
There are now ebay boxes which they are forcing sellers to buy!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ya, i have been lusting for a PayPal box but I've never seen one in the wild, just in pictures. Sorta kinda like bigfoot the thing legends are made of.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm Ya, i have been lusting for a PayPal box but I've never seen one in the wild, just in pictures. Sorta kinda like bigfoot the thing legends are made of.
I sent one to exxos once. I think he may of burnt it in a ceremony of some sort.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

:lolbig:

Where can I buy an eBay box?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”