PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
PaulJ

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by PaulJ »

I don't think you can buy an eBay box. You have to be gifted one!
How about an Amazon box.. much easier to come by.. :excited: :excited: :excited:
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm Ya, i have been lusting for a PayPal box but I've never seen one in the wild, just in pictures. Sorta kinda like bigfoot the thing legends are made of.
I just shredded one to pieces to have it fit in my paper bin ;)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

IngoQ wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 pm
PaulJ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm Ya, i have been lusting for a PayPal box but I've never seen one in the wild, just in pictures. Sorta kinda like bigfoot the thing legends are made of.
I just shredded one to pieces to have it fit in my paper bin ;)
We should have a moment of silence then... may that PayPal box rest in peace..
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

:shock: :dizzy: :lolbig:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ok, I've started to put an 1.5 accelorator in an Mega so I put in the mega clock buffer board and have been running it. The screen sucks compared to the Exxos board.. so does my MSTE and 1040 St. This thing has noticably better contrast and color intensity. I never changed R93,92,91 to the 2.4k that is used on the mega. Matter of fact I may try the 15k on the mega. I doubt that the differient transister or diode types makes that much of a difference. Any Ideas?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I think part of the problem on machines is the resistor ladder is a higher value range of resistors than I used on the remake.. I pushed more current thought my ladder.. plus the video circuit layout is much better...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 am I think part of the problem on machines is the resistor ladder is a higher value range of resistors than I used on the remake.. I pushed more current thought my ladder.. plus the video circuit layout is much better...
So is the display. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm So is the display. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm not happy with it tho :P
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 pm
PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm So is the display. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm not happy with it tho :P
Unfortunately it makes my other displays suck... their all muddy in comparison and you can't just the monitor to fix them. I guess when I work over this mega I'll play with the video out to see if I can re-create the display.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I've been running the ExoAtari for a couple weeks. Been playing with downloaded apps, making flash disks and finally loaded NVDI. Gives bench6 a nice bump. The screen pretty much updates instantly. :dualthumbup: :dualthumbup: :dualthumbup:
1.jpg
1.jpg (5.07 MiB) Viewed 5365 times

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”