PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
PaulJ

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm
PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 pm The store appears to be getting a little depleted.. there's new people coming along all the time so you should keep some of the old available until something new comes along..
Yeah, I wrote volumes on all this already, basically I'm just taking on way too much work all the time and just simply cannot keep up with anything..

Mainly the problem is, if I am working on items to keep them in stock in my store, I have no time for developing new things...

But I have ended up doing is spending literally thousands on buying parts on sending things off to be assembled lately.. I just simply do not have time to do it myself any more.

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =20&t=1182
I don't know how you do it all..its more than I'm up to. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 pm I don't know how you do it all..its more than I'm up to. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I don't sleep much... probably why the STF ended a bit "wrong" in places :roll: :lol:

Its like I can spend half the night doing a PCB, looks fine at the time, all sorted.. Look at it in the morning, aint no idea whats going on, nothing looks right... so try not to do PCB's late at night anymore :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm
PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 pm I don't know how you do it all..its more than I'm up to. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I don't sleep much... probably why the STF ended a bit "wrong" in places :roll: :lol:

Its like I can spend half the night doing a PCB, looks fine at the time, all sorted.. Look at it in the morning, aint no idea whats going on, nothing looks right... so try not to do PCB's late at night anymore :lol:

Understand that, I know if I'm intensely chasing an issue or idea and attempt to go to bed its hours before my mind winds down and allows me to get some sleep. I want to start making some boards myself and was attempting to get my feet wet with eagle and come to find out someone purchased them and there are charging a yearly maintance fee for an eagle app that is capable of boards sizes larger than 3x4 or some small size. I guess that's why they move stuff around in the app so you think your getting something for your $100.00 a year fee. I know the S100 people use another app for layouts and its free for all sizes. Were lucky to have you working on the Atari, there's individual hardware efforts out there but not many and there quite limited to your operation.

When I was searching for a MEGA-STE I called best due to their advertisement for them. I was told they have pallot loads of them but they don't have time for their technicians to refurb them and they won't sell them as is.. hmmm

Anyway Exxos keep up the good work!! :dualthumbup: :dualthumbup: :dualthumbup:
PaulJ

Eiffel 2 on remake board

Post by PaulJ »

I tried the eiffel 2 on the remake on P10. It was happy and powered (key and mouse led's light when stimulated) but the remake just gave me a somewhat continious key code. Does anyone know off hand if the mega and st keyboard's have the same baud rate?
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I want to take this moment to declare total success! :dualthumbup: :yay2: :dualthumbup: :yay2: :dualthumbup:

I received my order from Mouser which contained the RIGHT OPTO's so I unsoldered the old one.. ya the only chip I soldered in was wrong, soldered in the RIGHT one, plugged back in the MIDI's 6850. Powered in up with the drag cart plugged in and everything PASSES. Exxos sign me up for the next board!! Guess I'll have to get the Mega's ready for the upcoming 2.2+ accelerator and take a lookout at getting the Eiffel2 to work with the board.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IMG_2059.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5541 times
PPP.jpg
PPP.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 5541 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I think from know on we should call "diag" drag and maybe start calling the "blitter" glitter.
It would be so much easier!! :stickwhack:
troed

Post by troed »

index.jpg
index.jpg (5.37 KiB) Viewed 5540 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

:bravo: 100% passed
PaulJ wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 am I think from know on we should call "diag" drag and maybe start calling the "blitter" glitter.
Yes spell checker insists on calling them by those names :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 am I think from know on we should call "diag" drag and maybe start calling the "blitter" glitter.
Yeah, makes confusing reading though :lol: spell-check on my phone is bad, almost got me into trouble with my girlfriend.. I got myself a hot chocolate drink, said to my girl friend, "going to bed with a hot choc"... only it came out, "going to bed with a hot chic" :lol:

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”