PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am
PaulJ wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 am I think from know on we should call "diag" drag and maybe start calling the "blitter" glitter.
It would be so much easier!! :stickwhack:
Yeah, makes confusing reading though :lol: spell-check on my phone is bad, almost got me into trouble with my girlfriend.. I got myself a hot chocolate drink, said to my girl friend, "going to bed with a hot choc"... only it came out, "going to bed with a hot chic" :lol:
Bet that one was difficult to explain :)

I can only imagine the amount of pain auto-correct has cause over the years.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am
PaulJ wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 am I think from know on we should call "diag" drag and maybe start calling the "blitter" glitter.
It would be so much easier!! :stickwhack:
Yeah, makes confusing reading though :lol: spell-check on my phone is bad, almost got me into trouble with my girlfriend.. I got myself a hot chocolate drink, said to my girl friend, "going to bed with a hot choc"... only it came out, "going to bed with a hot chic" :lol:
Ya, the spell check has gotten me in trouble too, and saying the spell check did it is akin to saying the dog ate my homework!
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I guess I'll attempt to get the Eiffel2 running on the board. It has a nice short connection to the board and then you can connect the mouse and keyboard cable to it. I did make a cable and the board fires up but the board doesn't see it. One nice feature is it has the ability to measure temperature and turn a fan on and off. I guess it would be nice in the MSTE where the fan is too loud. Funny thing is try the fans in free air and there quite, put them in the power supply and there LOUD
IMG_2061.JPG
IMG_2061.JPG (2.33 MiB) Viewed 5751 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

That was easy, the keyboard connector on the board and P10 on the Eiffel are one to one except pins 5 and 6 are reversed, that is the transmit and receive need to be reversed. Works good, I like the response of the ps2 mouse. Think I'll build this little board out and see all its capabilities. Digital keyboard and a Logitech mouse.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_2062.JPG
IMG_2062.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5741 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

One note is it draws a 100 ma more current that the Atari Keyboard and mouse.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:08 pm That was easy, the keyboard connector on the board and P10 on the Eiffel are one to one except pins 5 and 6 are reversed, that is the transmit and receive need to be reversed. Works good, I like the response of the ps2 mouse. Think I'll build this little board out and see all its capabilities. Digital keyboard and a Logitech mouse.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nice - Is that one step closer towards a rack mount case :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Maybe, one step closer to some sort of case.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I once saw an Apple II clone on eBay with a wooden case, right shape etc.

Anyone up for making a wooden STF?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:14 pmAnyone up for making a wooden STF?
Not out of wood but it looks like it is anyway...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Not sure, going to put it on some type of base. Just something so its easier to move around. The Eiffel makes it mush easier. You just plug in a mouse, keyboard, mouse while it maintains a small foot print.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”