Troed - progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
troed

Re: Troed - progress

Post by troed »

... it wasn't until after I proudly had soldered my contraption to the board that I noticed that the DIL14 socket I thought I had used was still lying on the desk ...
meh.JPG
meh.JPG (194.11 KiB) Viewed 6105 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

troed wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 pm ... it wasn't until after I proudly had soldered my contraption to the board that I noticed that the DIL14 socket I thought I had used was still lying on the desk ...

meh.JPG
I have those moments.
troed

Post by troed »

In transit:

32.08 crystal
Video unf*ck board

Missing from the parts kit:

72LS02 - and it seems I don't have one in all of my 74xx collection. Will order.
- edit #2: Ah! Actually I have a bunch of 74ALS02. So unless it needs to be "slow" that should work ;)

Everything else I need to boot up populated now. What might be different from others is that I will use IMP DMA and Shifter.

edit: Ah, no, still need to steal an MFP crystal from one of my (all working) machines.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I had no issues with the IMP shifter and DMA, so you should be ok (famous last words)
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
troed

Post by troed »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 pm I had no issues with the IMP shifter and DMA, so you should be ok (famous last words)
Were you using a complete IMP kit? My GLUE and MMU are Ricoh
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

No just the shifter and dma. Emails now back in my Mega but still using the IMP shifter
troed

Post by troed »

First boot: Stable white 60Hz screen. Usually an indication TOS isn't executing or being held in RESET.

Not sure when I'll have time to debug, but, I do know I haven't soldered a reset switch to the board, thinking that it was only needed if I want to ... reset. Am I not thinking that through?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Reset switch shorts out a capacitor which then re-charges to trigger a reset.. so it shouldn't matter if there isn't a reset switch... you may need to up the value of a cap to 47uF (from 10uf) as I think icky had reset issues.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 am Reset switch shorts out a capacitor which then re-charges to trigger a reset.. so it shouldn't matter if there isn't a reset switch... you may need to up the value of a cap to 47uF (from 10uf) as I think icky had reset issues.
Not me :) Think it was Forgottenmyname

Good progress though troed.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

yeah it was me, still messing around with that but just takes 1 reset and off it goes for now.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”