derkom - Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
Atarian Computing

derkom - Progress

Post by Atarian Computing »

Unforeseen events at work (all good) require all my resources and attention. I am also scaling down operations and preparing for the coming baby Atarian and will use all my available energy and dedicate the rest of my life to her and my whole family. I will remain active here, and in the scene but first few years of baby are critical obviously.

In light of all this, I have decided to pass the mantle of completing this project to a distinguished and worthy member of our forum, a true Atarian. I will leave it up to him to reveal himself here (in a non-sexual way, you sick bastards) if he chooses. To clarify, he is not doing it on my behalf. This is all him now.

Josh.
derkom

Re: New Player - Progress

Post by derkom »

I think that's the first time anyone has ever called me distinguished.

Yes, Josh has passed on to me his partially completed STF remake board (technically is in the process of passing, as I won't have it until tomorrow).

I will warn all of you that while I'm moderately capable with a soldering iron, my electronics skill leaves a lot to be desired, so it'll be a steep uphill battle for me to follow and implement all the changes, but I am eager to learn as I trudge though it. :geek:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Atarian Computing wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:58 pm Unforeseen events at work (all good) require all my resources and attention. I am also scaling down operations and preparing for the coming baby Atarian and will use all my available energy and dedicate the rest of my life to her and my whole family. I will remain active here, and in the scene but first few years of baby are critical obviously.
Congrats Josh on pending baby Atarian
derkom wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:22 pm I think that's the first time anyone has ever called me distinguished.

Yes, Josh has passed on to me his partially completed STF remake board (technically is in the process of passing, as I won't have it until tomorrow).

I will warn all of you that while I'm moderately capable with a soldering iron, my electronics skill leaves a lot to be desired, so it'll be a steep uphill battle for me to follow and implement all the changes, but I am eager to learn as I trudge though it. :geek:
Welcome to the STF Remake fun derkom. Any help just holler on here. We are all learning in one way or another with this experience.
Atarian Computing

Re: derkom - Progress

Post by Atarian Computing »

Icky wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm
Congrats Josh on pending baby Atarian
Thank you very much!
derkom

Post by derkom »

Icky wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm Any help just holler on here.
Oh you know I will. :)
derkom

Post by derkom »

Bodge #1 in place.
bodge1.jpg
bodge1.jpg (118.48 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Bodge #2 (HSYNC fix) in place...
bodge2-1.jpg
bodge2-1.jpg (153.01 KiB) Viewed 6395 times
bodge2-2.jpg
bodge2-2.jpg (154.23 KiB) Viewed 6395 times

I figure I should post even the simple stuff, because I don't actually know what I'm doing here, so it gives people an opportunity to say, "hey! don't do that!" :shock:

I'll take this moment to point out that yes, Atarian Computing put a "BAD DMA" label on the DMA chip. :lol:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

derkom wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm Bodge #2 (HSYNC fix) in place...

I figure I should post even the simple stuff, because I don't actually know what I'm doing here, so it gives people an opportunity to say, "hey! don't do that!" :shock:

I'll take this moment to point out that yes, Atarian Computing put a "BAD DMA" label on the DMA chip. :lol:
Keep up the good work. Won’t be long before power on.

Let’s hope you don’t have a NASTY DMA.

Keep posting pics. We have been checking each other’s pics to make sure we aren’t making any mistakes. I think I put a chip in the wrong way round at one point and it was spotted by one of us.
derkom

Post by derkom »

BR PULL UP FIX
bodge3.jpg
bodge3.jpg (155.84 KiB) Viewed 6351 times

I'm going to hold off doing the rest of the pull-ups in this area, because I want to use a SIL for that, and I don't have a spare sitting around. I can probably rustle one up next week.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”