Sandord - progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
sandord

Re: Sandord - progress

Post by sandord »

I forgot the reset switch!

How did you guys solve the original switch not fitting in the holes? The legs of the switch from my donor ST are spaced differently.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm I forgot the reset switch!

How did you guys solve the original switch not fitting in the holes? The legs of the switch from my donor ST are spaced differently.
I soldered header pins into the holes and then put the switch on its side
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
sandord

Post by sandord »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm I soldered header pins into the holes and then put the switch on its side
Right, that's sounds like the most practical way to do it. Thanks.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm
sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm I forgot the reset switch!

I soldered header pins into the holes and then put the switch on its side
Used some solid wire and extended the pins into the holes.
IMG_2072 2.JPG
IMG_2072 2.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 5842 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Now I don't want everyone wanting a hand crafted case as seen in the photo.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sandord

Post by sandord »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:31 pm Now I don't want everyone wanting a hand crafted case as seen in the photo.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I was already looking at it being very intrigued and all... :lol:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 pm
PaulJ wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:31 pm Now I don't want everyone wanting a hand crafted case as seen in the photo.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I was already looking at it being very intrigued and all... :lol:
Its not like I found a random box in the garbage... its and official Atari box with serial number and everything! I estimate it increases the value of the computer 2X!! Check out those markings.. tell tale sign of an official Atari box. Yup.. these babies don't grow on trees.
IMG_2064.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 5834 times
sandord

Post by sandord »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:52 pm Its not like I found a random box in the garbage... its and official Atari box with serial number and everything! I estimate it increases the value of the computer 2X!! Check out those markings.. tell tale sign of an official Atari box. Yup.. these babies don't grow on trees.IMG_2064.JPG
:lol: I see I can get a lot of inspiration from you guys. I haven't got a box yet so choices, choices.
sandord

Post by sandord »

I didn't want to cover the board title (it'd read "TF Remake" otherwise) so I decided to stretch the switch legs and solder it on the board directly.
Actually, that worked just fine :D I made sure there was enough solder flowing through the holes because the legs didn't stick through far enough.

IMG_20181110_155032.jpg
IMG_20181110_155032.jpg (89.48 KiB) Viewed 5831 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm I didn't want to cover the board title (it'd read "TF Remake" otherwise) so I decided to stretch the switch legs and solder it on the board directly.
Actually, that worked just fine :D I made sure there was enough solder flowing through the holes because the legs didn't stick through far enough.

IMG_20181110_155032.jpg
Nice mounting, I was more concerned with functionality and speed of implementation. I pretty much knew that board was not going to fit in a standard Atari case and would a need something custom and unique. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The board has so many daughter cards/un-f*ck cards I thing it going to need some zoning laws to limit the stack height of daughter card stacks in the more critical areas of the board... :-P :-P :-P

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”