Re: R_J Progress

Post by PaulJ »

This spell checker is down right obnoxious! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

PaulJ wrote:
Maybe there will be a signing bonus in it for him!!! :stars: :stars: :stars:
Sounds like Pitch Perfect mixed with Scary Movie 3.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Stop stealing my storylines!! :mad:

I can picture exxos in his posties outfit already, delivering not just STF remake boards, but half fulfilled orders from Farnell :dizzy:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, more progress:
IMG_20181114_222706.jpg
IMG_20181114_222706.jpg (5.77 MiB) Viewed 5724 times
So what's left to do to complete the base build? Well, I realised that the 470R resistors I had were actually 470K, so R6 is still missing, though not for long as I have them on order, hopefully here by Friday or early next week. Other than that it's just the reset switch, keyboard connector and video out/un-f*ck adapter. So very nearly there. Oh, nearly forgot the crystal, I just need to make an adapter so it fits in the smaller socket.

Every other component is in and all chips in their respective sockets, so I will be able to get started on all the patches very soon, and hopefully we should have another remake running. :D
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

We have changed this to the movie channel!!!
:threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked: :threadjacked:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 pm I can picture exxos in his posties outfit already, delivering not just STF remake boards, but half fulfilled orders from Farnell :dizzy:
exxos loses sanity of out of stock parts and goes on a killing spree... after burning down paypal and ebay buildings...

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 pm Meanwhile, back at the ranch, more progress:
Looking good!

....Meanwhile the story of a rogue resistor forged in the ovens of hell , whose name was jeff. But something sinister lurcked deep inside jeff.. he was in fact, a UNDERRATED part, forgotten and abandoned only to later appear in the clutches of mysterious workshop, where jeff bares witness to the torment and massacre of motherboards by the mysterious rubber jonnie....
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Resistance is Futile!

One of you will be soldered to the collective in the next few days!
Resistance_is_Futile.jpg
Resistance_is_Futile.jpg (330.54 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am Resistance is Futile!

Resistance_is_Futile.jpg
Rubber_jonnie, haven't hear anything in a couple weeks.. you closing in on completion? When is the big date for power? Good luck Rubber_jonnie!!
sandord

Post by sandord »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am Resistance is Futile!

Resistance_is_Futile.jpg
:lolbig:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 pm
Rubber_jonnie, haven't hear anything in a couple weeks.. you closing in on completion? When is the big date for power? Good luck Rubber_jonnie!!
Other stuff keeps getting in the way (Work, life, poorly Atari 520 ST etc), but all components bar the keyboard connector are fitted now, and I'm reviewing the patches so that I can start to add them. I'm really hoping that I can get finished before the end of the year.

I'm not working between Christmas and New Year, so hopefully I can get a good run at it!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 pm I'm not working between Christmas and New Year, so hopefully I can get a good run at it!
Best time for Atari projects. I have a few lined up during that period.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”