Terriblefire Accelerators

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

kludge

Re: Terriblefire Accelerators

Post by kludge »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:18 pm Top man for your efforts either way.
:cheers:
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Sometimes when reading this, I find it hard to figure out, what drives you guys forward and not be frustrated all the time... And I believe the more "mainstream" retro computing goes, the more idiots are there who not only lack the knowledge but also basic manners.

It seems so hard to get, that these projects are in no way a finished product that comes with a warranty. And they never will be. You have to be willing to commit to it, and do a lot of work yourselves. Even if you just have a stock machine, you have to be able to maintain and repair it, otherwise stick with emulation. If you collect oldtimers, you basically have to be a mechanic, same with old computers.

So to sum it up: I am really grateful and impressed by all these projects! And when starting with the idea "I want to collect old computers" I never would have thought, that there is sooo much new stuff to discover, and so many brilliant guys still working on new projects.

Thanks for keeping this hobby exciting!
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I'd like to second all IngoQ said. Appreciate the effort you guys put in and deal with malcontents.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I thought i'd get into the spirit of teaser trailer season...

———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:lolbig: :bravo: :cheers: :goodpost:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Whooohoo ;)
renster72

Post by renster72 »

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with freezing in games after re-capping CD32 motherboard? the 2 capacitors that were round the wrong way were replaced in the correct way. seems much better with TF330 removed and playing off CD but workbench is fine on CF card and can play some games for maybe a minute before freeze. interesting the whload exit will take back to workbench.

sysinfo runs fine and AIBB, off the card and all was working before re-capp

Tried another TF330, PSU (both standard CD32 ones) and put my TF330 in another CD32 (not capped yet and was fine)

Anyone seen this issue before?

CD games with no TF installed play longer but also freeze.
Tectron

Post by Tectron »

Are you positive that the caps were in the wrong way? They may be connected to a negative rail. I had a similar situation with my A1000 :shock:
renster72

Post by renster72 »

Interestingly, an IDE to SD card works not the IDE to CF....
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm Recently I was attacked (I’m a total dipsh*t) for using “low quality” SMD rather than high quality “through hole”... just one example of the type of bullying I get where people want me to change what I do so they get what they want.

Clearly the person in question didn’t have the skill to solder SMD and sought to belittle me for their own shortcomings... But the sheer amount of this type of abuse is why I’m v abrupt with people thesesays when they ask for something i didn’t want to do.
LOL! It wasn't Hans Campbell by any chance was it?
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”