Terriblefire Accelerators

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Terriblefire Accelerators

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm Recently I was attacked (I’m a total dipsh*t) for using “low quality” SMD rather than high quality “through hole”... just one example of the type of bullying I get where people want me to change what I do so they get what they want.
Firstly, ignore this nonsense, or eventually, troll them back and say "changing the 68030 to a QFP package" so there is even less through-hole shit there :P
kludge

Post by kludge »

What the fudge. I posted and the post disappeared.

In summary: Keep on making cool shit.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

kludge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm What the fudge. I posted and the post disappeared.
:shrug: Nobody has deleted any posts.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
kludge

Post by kludge »

exxos wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm
kludge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm What the fudge. I posted and the post disappeared.
:shrug: Nobody has deleted any posts.
Nah, I think it was my phone...
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm Firstly, ignore this nonsense, or eventually, troll them back and say "changing the 68030 to a QFP package" so there is even less through-hole shit there :P
I’m pretty bad at ignoring anything. Its attention to things that’s made all this possible.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

But why didn't you put............ etc etc.

I may be a big Gipsy Kiss taker but know the limits of my own knowledge. When I make suggestions, it's usually because I can't do those things yet.

I am in fact very grateful for the hard work you guys do and try and support you when I can, be in by buying your products, being the Guinea pig or just plain old moral support.

My next project was going to be the Tos Tboard thing, not that I can program GALs yet, so if you guys want novice help with that then I'm your man.

As for the trolls, I know it's far too easy to take things to heart but sometimes the best bet is the block or ignore button and move on. For every 1 troll, I can guarantee theres at least 10 admirers.

Some positive feedback to encourage you guys:

Exxos, you've done great to support the guys who have bought the v1.5 ste boosters, when they don't work because of something which is a problem with their machine, you do the best to get it working well done and thanks!

TF, I personally wouldn't have bought a CDTV just to stick a booster in it and see if it works. This at the same time as doing the 330 stuff. You are also much more patient than you think. If it was me, the axe would have put an end to the CDTV a week or so ago. Also apologies if we make you repeat things on here. Some of us like reading but are too lazy to sit down and watch a YouTube video.

And from my point of view , all the other guys out there helping myself and others. Thank you.

And to finish in my usual style, don't let the above go to your heads and stop reading this and get back to work you slackers :D

I wrote till the end, not just read to it .
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:thanksyellow: :bravo: :goodpost:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I bought a CDTV because people kept trying to lend one to me which I was really not comfortable with.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm I bought a CDTV because people kept trying to lend one to me which I was really not comfortable with.
Not to pick at the scab, but that seems to have been the right choice :sorry:

My lack of focus:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm I bought a CDTV because people kept trying to lend one to me which I was really not comfortable with.
I'm sure I would have chosen either that option or not done it at all.

Hopefully you'll get it working just fine, then sell it on boosted, which will help you recover some of your costs.

Top man for your efforts either way.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”