CPLD Alternatives for the Future

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

project23

Re: CPLD Alternatives for the Future

Post by project23 »

czietz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm Do you have the source (PDN) for that information? In fact, end of last year there was a PCN that they will change something in the packaging process of the XC9500XL starting in 2020, implying that Xilinx would still produce these CPLDs, then.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/document ... n15006.pdf

Unless there's a document superseding this one, they've not been manufacturing them since the start of 2016. So stocks will definitely be dwindling.

With regards to aliexpress, i have a feeling that the stocks of various stores on there are shared across resellers listed in China. So when you buy from one you essentially buy from all of them - the same way they work on ebay. Still, i think ali/ebay's only customer will be the hobbyist, and I can't see tens of thousands going like hotcakes.

John
czietz

Post by czietz »

project23 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:58 pm https://www.xilinx.com/support/document ... n15006.pdf

Unless there's a document superseding this one, they've not been manufacturing them since the start of 2016. So stocks will definitely be dwindling.
"The purpose of this notification is to communicate that Xilinx is discontinuing [...] XC9500XL CPLD PC(G)44 package products." The part highlighted in bold is important! Only PLCC-44 packaged XC9500XL were discontinued in 2016. As you'll see when you read the document (e.g. Table 2), no parts in other packages are affected by this PDN.

So, I've still not seen any PDN actually discontinuing the whole XC9500XL series.
project23

Post by project23 »

Oh god yeah, you're right...

I'll have to have a search later when I'm home.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”