Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Trusted CPU Suppliers Or Ones To Avoid

Post by alenppc »

Nope, no money back...
chue

Post by chue »

alenppc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm Nope, no money back...
Sorry to hear that. Looks like this seller guaranty is worthless. I assume you tried contacting eBay/ PayPal?
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

chue wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm
alenppc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm Nope, no money back...
Sorry to hear that. Looks like this seller guaranty is worthless. I assume you tried contacting eBay/ PayPal?
The only thing you can do is request a return, and wait for the seller to respond. And this hasn't happened... so I don't know what's gonna happen in the end. Probably nothing.
go0se

Post by go0se »

If you request a return and the seller doesn't respond then after a while the case will be escalated to customer support and you should receive a full or partial refund. Provided you paid using PayPal of course otherwise they'll shrug their shoulders and tell you there's nothing they can do.
Check the details of your requested return and it should include a date - probably several weeks when they will 'step in' if you haven't got a response.

eBay is massively slanted in favour of the customer and against the seller, which is why it's so easy for unscrupulous thieves to rip honest sellers off. The seller has little in way of protection against dishonesty apart from buyer requirement feedback thresholds and location blocks.

In this instance though it's a good thing as you are the genuinely aggrieved party and the goods do not match the description and/or are faulty. When this is the case policy states that the seller should offer a full or partial refund and cover the cost of return shipping if the seller wants the goods back.

Describe the steps you went through to verify the parts weren't working / didn't match description in straightforward terms that customer service will understand and be polite / avoid getting angry if / when they contact you and you should be fine.
alenppc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:40 pm
chue wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

The only thing you can do is request a return, and wait for the seller to respond. And this hasn't happened... so I don't know what's gonna happen in the end. Probably nothing.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

An update on the adeleparts saga: they have finally now accepted my return and told me where to ship back the parcel. They are also supposedly responsbile for the shipping costs, yet I had to pay them right now and supposedly they will reimburse me (highly doubt it).

Here's the kicker though: they are supposed to issue the refund upon receiving the parcel, but I have no way of knowing if they did, because there is no tracking options available for China, only untracked. So... in the end I highly doubt I will get a refund... This ebay thing is a scam either way, seller or buyer.
go0se

Post by go0se »

Double check that what the seller is saying is correct as eBay provides a mechanism for the the seller to send a return label directly to the buyer, tracked or untracked that is the return mechanism you should use rather than arranging the return yourself.

Again, I'm assuming here that you paid via PayPal?

If there doesn't appear to be any option of arranging the return to .cn through eBay then request a call about the return using the ''call me" option in the eBay help and support section. Speak to someone from eBay customer support about your options before the fact and ask them to give clear direction as to how you should proceed. That conversation will be noted on your active claim and can be referenced should the seller try to stitch you up later on. Failure handle the return the correct way will probably absolve eBay from responsibility of covering any refund, you'll hear the words "we're just a platform" as you wave goodbye to your cash.

However you send the goods back make sure you photograph the contents as you are packaging it and get a receipt for postage/collection domestically, hold on to this as evidence for eBay customer support once the inevitable 'it got lost in the post' claim comes back from the seller.

If you contact customer support and follow their directions then ultimately they should be responsible for covering the cost of your refund or return 'loss', should that be as a result of recouping it from the seller or covering it from their own contingency for these types of cases. It's up to them to take punitive action against unscrupulous sellers on their 'platform' but your goal is to get your cash back.

The seller will be relying on you slipping up and not following proper return procedure to allow them to wriggle out of issuing a refund, you need to play the game as well as or better than them in order to get satisfaction.

I appreciate the above sounds like lot of hassle but that's by design, there will be a natural attrition of people who just give up on the return at the various hurdles and those who don't follow the procedure correctly. To me it's about the principle and the money.
alenppc wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:56 pm An update on the adeleparts saga: they have finally now accepted my return and told me where to ship back the parcel. They are also supposedly responsbile for the shipping costs, yet I had to pay them right now and supposedly they will reimburse me (highly doubt it).

Here's the kicker though: they are supposed to issue the refund upon receiving the parcel, but I have no way of knowing if they did, because there is no tracking options available for China, only untracked. So... in the end I highly doubt I will get a refund... This ebay thing is a scam either way, seller or buyer.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

go0se wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 pm Double check that what the seller is saying is correct as eBay provides a mechanism for the the seller to send a return label directly to the buyer, tracked or untracked that is the return mechanism you should use rather than arranging the return yourself.
Go0se, thank you very much for all this valuable information. You were 100% right on every point - I have called eBay and they told me to absolutely not ship anything without tracking and that it will be up to the seller to provide a shipping label through Fedex/UPS and the like.

If I hadn't read all of this I totally would have done the wrong thing. Thanks again.
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Another few tips,

1. Make pictures of everything you send, including the shipping label(both the one you made and the one the shipping company puts on it) and the bill you got while sending it with the company brand/name on it.
2. Never talk to the seller directly, always through PayPal.
3. In one case PayPal said i was not elidgeble for a refund, but they gave no reason, after asking for a reason they had some BS and i could set them straight, after that i got a full refund.
go0se

Post by go0se »

Glad I could help, it's knowledge gained through bitter experience when dealing with eBay unfortunately. Thanks for leaving your original feedback and helping me avoid buying duds from that huckster! :)

Hope you get this one resolved to your satisfaction.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Yeah..just need to add that graphical glitches ive reported previously seems to be produced by CPU's im using.
Have about 20x 33Mhz chips that don't want to run @50Mhz or are partially working...
will need to go at lower speed on TF536 to be able to deliver stable cards.. :x
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”