Terrible Fire Accelerators for A600?

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

aeromaxx

Terrible Fire Accelerators for A600?

Post by aeromaxx »

Are there any future plans for accelerators for the A600?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Terrible Fire Accelerators for A600?

Post by terriblefire »

I'm not looking at the A600 at the moment. Mainly because its a horrible machine to develop on.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
aeromaxx

Post by aeromaxx »

Oh I see, that's a shame to hear that, nightmare trying to find an accelator for the A600 these days.

Also when you say it's a horrible machine to develop on do you mean in terms of space available or something else? I was just curious as I have never owned one until a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the size.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

aeromaxx wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:22 pm Oh I see, that's a shame to hear that, nightmare trying to find an accelator for the A600 these days.

Also when you say it's a horrible machine to develop on do you mean in terms of space available or something else? I was just curious as I have never owned one until a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the size.
The reason is that there is no expansion slot for a CPU. You have to fit an accelerator over the existing CPU and this is pretty intermittent thing to have going on when developing hardware.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
aeromaxx

Post by aeromaxx »

terriblefire wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pmThe reason is that there is no expansion slot for a CPU. You have to fit an accelerator over the existing CPU and this is pretty intermittent thing to have going on when developing hardware.
Ah yes I knew that, as I have zero knowledge or experience of developing hardware or electronics I had no idea about that.

I am very disappointed but I understand your reasons, not to worry I guess I will just have to do without as I am not overly keen on the Furia Accelerator, and the ACA630 ones aren't available, and hard to find 2nd hand should I of wanted one of those.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

aeromaxx wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm
terriblefire wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pmThe reason is that there is no expansion slot for a CPU. You have to fit an accelerator over the existing CPU and this is pretty intermittent thing to have going on when developing hardware.
Ah yes I knew that, as I have zero knowledge or experience of developing hardware or electronics I had no idea about that.

I am very disappointed but I understand your reasons, not to worry I guess I will just have to do without as I am not overly keen on the Furia Accelerator, and the ACA630 ones aren't available, and hard to find 2nd hand should I of wanted one of those.
There are efforts to make an adapter for the TF530 etc. I've been a bit busy to keep an eye on their progress lately.
———
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm There are efforts to make an adapter for the TF530 etc. I've been a bit busy to keep an eye on their progress lately.
No progress on the adapter for a while. :)
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

Lotharek from Poland makes an accelerator for the amiga 600

try

https://lotharek.pl/

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”