Getting WFI Working on TF3xx with ESP Module

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Zac

Re: Drivers for ESP modules

Post by Zac »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:20 pm Driver would be SANA-II. Standard Amiga driver. You could use any TCP Stack.
Oh, cool! :o
The Native ESP protocol is 115200. Thats why it needed that speed.
Hmm, I still don't understand. The ESP can certainly work with 9600 baud.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Not with stock firmware..
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Zac

Post by Zac »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:50 pm
Not with stock firmware..
Oh! I thought "AT+CIOBAUD" would work with any firmware. However, what I was thinking of using is the PPP firmware which you can access here. Then I would be using a SANA-II-PPP driver.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Zac wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 pm Oh! I thought "AT+CIOBAUD" would work with any firmware. However, what I was thinking of using is the PPP firmware which you can access here. Then I would be using a SANA-II-PPP driver.
How do you do that when your Amiga cant do 115200 though? it cant do the negotiation down to a slower rate? If you can somehow that would be great.

EDIT: Also you dont need my driver for this. Just use your favourite TCP stack and away you go. The specific need for my driver was to use *stock* firmware. Its for those users who are not comfortable reflashing firmwares etc.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Zac

Post by Zac »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 pm
Zac wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 pm Oh! I thought "AT+CIOBAUD" would work with any firmware. However, what I was thinking of using is the PPP firmware which you can access here. Then I would be using a SANA-II-PPP driver.
How do you do that when your Amiga cant do 115200 though? it cant do the negotiation down to a slower rate? If you can somehow that would be great.
Plug your ESP8255 to a CH340 adapter and connect with a modern computer. Set baudrate permanently with:
AT+UART_DEF=<baudrate>, <databits>, <stopbits>, <parity>, <flow control>
Unplug ESP and use it with Amiga.

At least that's the plan! :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

If you're dropping the baudrate just use the slip driver in your post... TBH if that can be used easily i'll can my driver
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I've really struggled to get SLIP working on amiga. Has anyone actually got this going?
———
Smyckers

Post by Smyckers »

I got everything up and running by following the instructions on this link and just ignoring all the BBS parts.

https://blog.nootch.net/post/amiga-bbs-online-2019/

I originally tried to install it over an existing os3.9 install but had no luck. When I started from a fresh wb3.1 and BetterWB install as per the guide it worked perfectly. I only really tested it using AWeb and I'm not sure about what sort of speeds I'm getting. I set the firmware up at 38400 baud.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Smyckers wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm I got everything up and running by following the instructions on this link and just ignoring all the BBS parts.

https://blog.nootch.net/post/amiga-bbs-online-2019/

I originally tried to install it over an existing os3.9 install but had no luck. When I started from a fresh wb3.1 and BetterWB install as per the guide it worked perfectly. I only really tested it using AWeb and I'm not sure about what sort of speeds I'm getting. I set the firmware up at 38400 baud.

Ok i'll try a clean install and see what gives.
———
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Is "that port" on the TF330 a serial port? Can a DB9 connector be wired to it, and use serial.device to talk to devices like a modem or null modem cable?

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”