Getting WFI Working on TF3xx with ESP Module

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Getting WFI Working on TF3xx with ESP Module

Post by terriblefire »

I strongly recommend using slattach after you flash the ESP module and set your wifi settings from linux/macos.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Self-flagellation has taken place :o Mistake - schoolboy error downloading SLIP firmware. Now corrected. I was flashing cr*p before.

Next issue. My SSID is in capitals. This seemed to give DCTelnet a 'computer says no'. I was not going to change my SSID name so ended up using the other AMIGA telnet program Steven mentioned.
That accepted the implausible situation of having a SSID in capital letters :D (I guess there might be an installation error in DCTelnet, especially when everyone else tells me their SSID is in capitals and set ssid worked ok :oops: )

Any ho. Now I am on the web. Off to download some more 'Klondike card sets' :o ;) Cheeers 8-)
sugar

Post by sugar »

Mid-summer festivities are over so I had a chance to look at the TF360 wifi issue again. I got it to work at 38400 baud which is somewhat less than the 216000 baud the TF330 achieves. I tried different CD32s and CPUs and a bigger stack as well as alternative slip drivers. Perhaps I should try CPU caches or resolder the ESP header as I would imagine this means an issue with interrupts or a high error rate.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

sugar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 am Mid-summer festivities are over so I had a chance to look at the TF360 wifi issue again. I got it to work at 38400 baud which is somewhat less than the 216000 baud the TF330 achieves. I tried different CD32s and CPUs and a bigger stack as well as alternative slip drivers. Perhaps I should try CPU caches or resolder the ESP header as I would imagine this means an issue with interrupts or a high error rate.
My 360s all work fine at 115200. I've no intention of trying them with anything else.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
sugar

Post by sugar »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:58 am
sugar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 am Mid-summer festivities are over so I had a chance to look at the TF360 wifi issue again. I got it to work at 38400 baud which is somewhat less than the 216000 baud the TF330 achieves. I tried different CD32s and CPUs and a bigger stack as well as alternative slip drivers. Perhaps I should try CPU caches or resolder the ESP header as I would imagine this means an issue with interrupts or a high error rate.
My 360s all work fine at 115200. I've no intention of trying them with anything else.
Yes but my issue is that I can't get the TF360 to run at 115200 nor 57600 but only 38400 or under. The TF330 performance was just for comparison with the same hardware but a different TF.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

sugar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am
terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:58 am

Yes but my issue is that I can't get the TF360 to run at 115200 nor 57600 but only 38400 or under. The TF330 performance was just for comparison with the same hardware but a different TF.
There is no hardware difference for this part between TF330 and TF360.
———
sugar

Post by sugar »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am
sugar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am

There is no hardware difference for this part between TF330 and TF360.
Actually I was a bit imprecise with this. I can set up a network connection at 115200 and use ping and get network time but wget and Ibrowse freeze quickly at this speed. I'm using the latest Roadshow and a CF from Superduper.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

That sounds like maybe a noisy line.. Clean the edge connector contacts and try again?
———
sugar

Post by sugar »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm That sounds like maybe a noisy line.. Clean the edge connector contacts and try again?
Gave them a rub and a rinse but didn't seem to change the behaviour. It's kinda quirky since I did a wget on a file that wasn't on aminet and it crashed after getting the 404.
I realized I see CF card access on my screen as dim noise. I guess I should try another CF card and recheck the PSU.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

i'm not seeing it myself but im not doing masses with the network connection at the moment.
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”