Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Terriblefire in 2020

Post by terriblefire »

abu wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 pm Hi there,
I am new to this forum but have been following it for some time.
with regards to an accelerator for the A3/4000 would it not be possible to use an adaptor for the TF330/360 to be used?
please don't bash me with a stick if this is a daft question.
You are correct is possible to do this. Infact @chucky was planning this a while back but hasnt completed it. I dont recall all the details but i remember there was some space constraints.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
abu

Post by abu »

but not impossible. I think that would be the best way to go. less variants = less to maintain.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The final version was intended to be the adapter refactored out with the TF360. This is the reason there is an extra address bus buffer on the Tf360.

The boards are very cheap to make and the firmware would be identical to the TF1260 and TF360. So a third board in the family wouldn't be much overhead. Is a bit more expensive to give everyone who wants one an adaptor and a Tf360.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
abu

Post by abu »

fair play. but with an adapter it would still only be a one time purchase just like the CD32 riser. just thinking about future proofing.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”