I appear to have killed my A1200 keyboard

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I appear to have killed my A1200 keyboard

Post by terriblefire »

seems i've killed my a1200 keyboard membrane (after having it for less than a month :()

I've ordered a USB thing to use instead but does anyone know which row i've killed...

QWERTY -> ENTER are all dead.

No obvious break on the keyboard membrane.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Re: I appear to have killed my A1200 keyboard

Post by supaduper »

Just cut squarely 1mm off the bottom of the Membrane connector , I`ve done it a few times it does work , just do not cut off more than 1mm at time. those membrane connectors are as shite as they come, just breath on them and the strip connectors disappear ! :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

supaduper wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:56 pm Just cut squarely 1mm off the bottom of the Membrane connector , I`ve done it a few times it does work , just do not cut off more than 1mm at time. those membrane connectors are as shite as they come, just breath on them and the strip connectors disappear ! :)
No joy. same symptoms.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Man that`s a bummer, but it`s rarely that a track is burnt and it will look obvious around the keyboard connector, I`d still bet its a dodgy membrane
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah I seem to have killed my membrane
———
utri007

Post by utri007 »

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah i got a new one 2 weeks ago. thats the issue.
———
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah i got a new one 2 weeks ago. thats the issue.
Did you kill it or did it kill itself? If you got one and it died within two weeks the seller should send you a new one. Unless you did something to it, of course.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kludge wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:53 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah i got a new one 2 weeks ago. thats the issue.
Did you kill it or did it kill itself? If you got one and it died within two weeks the seller should send you a new one. Unless you did something to it, of course.
I probably yanked it in the lab... and it was a freebie from the seller.. so its on me.
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

utri007 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:00 pm You can get new membarane here : https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detai ... a%29-22779
I got quite a lot of membranes from this seller. Amiga 500,ZX81, ZX spectrum +, and quite few were faulty.
Seller was great, and did replace them.

I think quality is not that great, but this is understandable for low production numbers.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”