Xilinx pricing gone crazy

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Xilinx pricing gone crazy

Post by terriblefire »

I can make 120 chips available at £30 a chip. Unfortunately thats the best i can do. let me know if this is something you guys want to happen. I *really* dont want to do this but i will in order to get the TF boards out.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
adam

Post by adam »

I have small stock of almost all xc95 xilinx chips, so "bare" board(s) work for me, but this is probably a question to the solderers who will make your boards for the masses:) who cares about the price of a single chip when your work opens 060 for the community.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Its better than having to buy a tray of 60 of them, that's for sure :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

richx wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:08 pm I just noticed that DigiKey in the US has the XC95288XL-10TQG144C CPLD for $22.95 again, so I quickly placed an order for a couple for the TF536. The other versions were still at >$90. I'm all for the cheaper more powerful Lattice FPGA for future boards, still think the XC95288XL is a little high comparatively. Will the TF1260 use any XC95288XLs at this point? Should we stock up while DigiKey has them at $22.95 again?
Ha! That is VERY interesting that they lowered the price again. Something very fishy is going on.

I have about 15x of the 288s stocked up at home and will most likely buy them from UTSource from now on. I will be definitely voting with my wallet here. By and large, digikey has lost me as a customer because of this crap.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Just checked DigiKey for 95144XL's - these are also back to it's normal price - about 11€ +VAT
I think it was caused by COVID - nothing was produced thru this period, so they screwed up the price..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
go0se

Post by go0se »

I have it on good authority that Victor Peng personally monitors this forum and sets the price accordingly.... :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:02 pm Just checked DigiKey for 95144XL's - these are also back to it's normal price - about 11€ +VAT
I think it was caused by COVID - nothing was produced thru this period, so they screwed up the price..
What about 288s?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
neilo40

Post by neilo40 »

£22.16 inc vat for singles right now
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

neilo40 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:22 pm £22.16 inc vat for singles right now
How strange.. Ok well at that price we're good. Im glad we didnt rush to bulk order.
———
neilo40

Post by neilo40 »

Crazy volatility with these parts just now. Mouser are still looking for over £70...

https://octopart.com/search?autosugg_id ... BP&specs=0

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”