Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: ReAgnus Board (Design Complete)

Post by terriblefire »

And just so you guys see the fit...

E0874372-4250-4DCC-9CE2-9CA705E9FD96.jpeg
E0874372-4250-4DCC-9CE2-9CA705E9FD96.jpeg (895.96 KiB) Viewed 8746 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Very nice :thumbup:, with a bit of imagination I can here the TH chips mumbling "back in the day" :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
alexh

Post by alexh »

Very nice. I apologise I've not read the entire thread but this is an 8375 2mb pinout?
Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alexh wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 pm Very nice. I apologise I've not read the entire thread but this is an 8375 2mb pinout?
The intention is to have a set of jumpers on the board to allow you select the Agnus version. This is going to use the bootloader feature in the ICE40 to pick image from the SPI ROM you want from a set of 4 different images. This should give all Agnus versions.

There is a mistake on the rev0 that means i cant do a version for the 500+ or A600. But i'll fix this in version 1.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Fonzie

Post by Fonzie »

You sir are definitely on fire ! Someone tell me why I need 2mb of chip ram on my A500 ? I know I want it but I`m not sure why :oops:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 pm You sir are definitely on fire ! Someone tell me why I need 2mb of chip ram on my A500 ? I know I want it but I`m not sure why :oops:
I know it looks like it but i have been cooking all these ideas for years.

You dont need 2Mb... With a TF536 you'd have 64Mb of ram and barely touch that chip ram.
———
kamil.szarmach

Post by kamil.szarmach »

WOW! Just WOW!
It will allow to build a lot of GBA1000 and maybe some TFA500 in future :lol: :twisted:
As Agnus chips prices went crazy i really love idea of FPGA implementation. It will allow much more people having fun with their nostalgia and childhood dreams.
AllanL

Post by AllanL »

Awesome! great to see this kind of hardware being made... looking like a FPGA MC68060 clone might be a value proposition with the prices they are going for at the moment!
techniplex

Post by techniplex »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm
Fonzie wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 pm You sir are definitely on fire ! Someone tell me why I need 2mb of chip ram on my A500 ? I know I want it but I`m not sure why :oops:
I know it looks like it but i have been cooking all these ideas for years.

You dont need 2Mb... With a TF536 you'd have 64Mb of ram and barely touch that chip ram.
I had to purchase MegaChip to get 2MB Agnus for Desktop Publishing (Professional Page) and Graphic Editing on my Amiga 2000HD. If you are using the machine as a business machine and not as a gaming rig it would be useful to have the additional Chip RAM. I still would run out of Chip Ram in Professional Page, which is still a great program even these days. This probably was not the most typical use and really for big box Amigas.

Would the Re-Agnus require less bus buffers with onboard ram and could you use SDRam auto-refresh so RAS and CAS would not be needed from the Agnus? Just a thought question.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”