Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by terriblefire »

Our friends on ppa.pl seem to think piracy is fine

———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:51 pm Our friends on ppa.pl seem to think piracy is fine
Clearly some of the posters have no idea what they are talking about. Pretty much like the rest of the internet. I just wouldn't bother posting anymore. It's all just going around in circles now anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm Clearly some of the posters have no idea what they are talking about. Pretty much like the rest of the internet. I just wouldn't bother posting anymore. It's all just going around in circles now anyway.
Yeah... I think the average IQ on that forum is about 5.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:07 pm Yeah... I think the average IQ on that forum is about 5.
Someone now saying you wrongfully accused jlc , someone's missed that we already proven jlc have security issues. People never get their facts right before running their mouth off :roll: I've reported to jlc myself and they told me their I.T. are looking into it... If you believe it that is. We have done all we can.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Actually i think 5 is being generous
———
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:13 pm Actually i think 5 is being generous
Is that the cumulative IQ?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
hammer

Post by hammer »

adam wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am
terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 am Ok i've found where this guy works.
Automotive industry?
There's plenty of clone parts in the automative industry.
ube

Post by ube »

hammer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:55 am
Technically it's not clones as the car manufacturers has to supply the specifications of the parts in EU (as I understand things). So they're more 3rd party than clones, I'd say.
master of the bare pcb
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

ube wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 am
hammer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:55 am
Technically it's not clones as the car manufacturers has to supply the specifications of the parts in EU (as I understand things). So they're more 3rd party than clones, I'd say.
They are called, IIRC from my days of repairing cars, Pattern Parts.

It means that consumers have a choice to buy OEM parts at a price premium, or opt for 3rd party parts that are cheaper, but may not meet the same standards of quality demanded by the OEM.

They fit, they will work, and they are cheaper, and in the marketplace they are welcomed and allowed because there are laws that demand consumer choice, however they can never be classed as 'genuine'. Not the same as blatantly ripping off somebody elses hard work IMHO.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Kai Robinson

Post by Kai Robinson »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:26 am They are called, IIRC from my days of repairing cars, Pattern Parts.

It means that consumers have a choice to buy OEM parts at a price premium, or opt for 3rd party parts that are cheaper, but may not meet the same standards of quality demanded by the OEM.

They fit, they will work, and they are cheaper, and in the marketplace they are welcomed and allowed because there are laws that demand consumer choice, however they can never be classed as 'genuine'. Not the same as blatantly ripping off somebody elses hard work IMHO.
Just as a side note...might you have done my Toyota Supra Mk3's wiring harness about a decade ago? :D

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”