Vampire Team Personally Targeting Anyone Against Them

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Vampire Team Personally Targeting Anyone Against Them

Post by terriblefire »

Seems Gunnar is getting more and more unstable. He's got a stupid thread going about how crap the TF520 is which is hillarious considering the TF520 hasnt even been in my Github since 2017 and i dont think i ever got it working over 25Mhz. Also the TF520 doesnt have any fastram. So i call the benchmark a fake anyway.

http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b= ... 0&z=VzE9YF

And now he just publicly threatened Thomas Richter...
GunnarCrazt2.gif
GunnarCrazt2.gif (90.57 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
I'm guessing that most of the people on this forum arent Vampire fans but even still. This is a new low. I would not even have done this with Mr Daniel "Bound" D....
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vampire Team Personally Targeting Anyone Against Them

Post by exxos »

Years ago @rpineau and I contacted Vampire guys with interest in using their core on the ST.. Back then I thought Vampire was just some hoax as they did not have any hint of any real hardware at the time. They basically laughed at us and said there is no way on this earth they would consider doing stuff for Atari.

I even had a thread on their forum while I was basically attacked and insulted by pretty much everyone there.. That thread mysteriously vanished a long time ago. So we just avoided them ever since as they just seemed like a whole group of arseholes.

They seem to have a bit of a bad reputation in ripping people off In some respect or another, and considering they are more of a commercial outfit, I really do fear for anyone who is involved with them.

I contacted various Amiga people in the past for help with projects and they just seemed like a bunch of arrogant arseholes. So I just avoided Amiga people after that.

All just more reasons why I don't get involved with any forums or generally anyone outside of this forum any more.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah it seems that Apollo is really just a stolen Coldfire verilog core with a TG68K frontend and a really Gipsy Kiss poor FPU implementation ....

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=102586

Being pedalled by a man with an Ego that cant cope with anyone selling a competitive product.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

The whole vampire project is full of really shady stuff and unethical behaviours... there are countless examples of this. They also badly screwed kipper over, even though it's mostly thanks to him that early boards spread around.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:05 pm Yeah it seems that Apollo is really just a stolen Coldfire verilog core with a TG68K frontend and a really Gipsy Kiss poor FPU implementation ....
I kinda wondered that it was probably a TG68K rip. Why bother to do something from the ground up ? Then it all gets bulled up into the next big thing.. being a commercial venture of course. I've seen the same thing happen for years.. something otherwise free, gets ripped and rebadged for huge profits. Really is hard to keep track of whos ripped of who with various things.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 pm I kinda wondered that it was probably a TG68K rip. Why bother to do something from the ground up ? Then it all gets bulled up into the next big thing.. being a commercial venture of course. I've seen the same thing happen for years.. something otherwise free, gets ripped and rebadged for huge profits. Really is hard to keep track of whos ripped of who with various things.
I dont think anyone would care what this product was if there wasnt as much strutting and posturing from that team. Seriously if they just stopped attacking anyone that said they preferred the real chips vs FPGA i dont think anyone would care. There is a class of retro user that has absolutely no interest in FGPAs and there are those who love them. I think its stupid to argue about which is best because neither are better. Its just personal taste.

I also his dumb comments are saying i should look at FPGAs because they are better. Well I have been there and done that with FPGAs. The Archie core for MiST was enough for me. After that I wanted to get away from SoC type solutions because honestly they bore me. From the outside you cannot distinguish them from a Raspberry Pi (In my opinion). Its never really been about speed in my projects. Authenticity with original chips was more important.

I get these chips are getting harder to find and that cores would be an option... but look at how expensive high end FPGA chips are. Its not been clear cut until recently. And if Apollo released a pure core Silvaco would sue them into the dark ages.

I really hope Mike Stirling finishes his work and puts a plain TG68k core out there for the vampire cards so people can use their internal chipsets again. His work looks really good.
———
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah I've never understood the reason for needing a Vampire in an a1200 over an accelerated 030/060. It doesn't make the old games any better except for later games/ports. It only makes sense for people who still use Amiga apps in high resolution, 3D rendering etc, but who even does that - and if you're going to do that then you might as well be using an Amiberry rather than real hardware. As far as I'm concerned, Amiga is for games, for the best ports of the 16bit computing era. Even tho I'm an 'Atari guy' I don't play games on my Ataris, I save that for my 030 a1200.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

No vampire for me thanks, too much bad press, too expensive etc.

Just need to persuade someone to release his TF1260 :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

PhilC wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:33 pm No vampire for me thanks, too much bad press, too expensive etc.

Rubbish, Vampire guru said that TF cards are 160 slower than vampire... based on screenshot...
Why would you want so slow card? ;)
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:48 pm
PhilC wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:33 pm No vampire for me thanks, too much bad press, too expensive etc.

Rubbish, Vampire guru said that TF cards are 160 slower than vampire... based on screenshot...
Why would you want so slow card? ;)
Exactly! The TF1260 has no FPGA and was not made by BigGun so there is no point I releasing it. It would only fail
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”