Terriblefire State of the Union....

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

hiddenevil

Re: Terriblefire State of the Union....

Post by hiddenevil »

As is always the case, leave it to a small group of idiots to spoil it for everyone else. Glad to hear your still tinkering mate!

I was really hoping one day to see a TF 030 card sporting an FPU. The 536 allowed me to create our clubs Christmas card this year using Lightwave. Later version of the app require an FPU, so I’m stuck with version 3.5.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I immensely enjoyed building TF boards for the masses. It is literally something I dreamt of doing since I was a teen and couldn't even solder a DB9 connector (as my disastrous early A1200 towering efforts showed.) I had a few nasty cases where dealing with people made me want to give up on everything, but by and large, I got nothing but compliments for terriblefire and his designs, and genuine gratitude from people.

I had a plan of making a super-cheap version of the 1260 with an LC CPU (which now costs less than what I pay for an 030 for the 536) and which would have been cheaper than any 1230 accelerator currently on the market+several times faster, but then came Mr Bound with his brilliant idea of being a f**king douche bag.

Another thing is that @terriblefire is a born entertainer, his YouTube videos were... well, very professional from a showbiz point of view, very entertaining to watch and interact with. I'd always make sure to catch up if I couldn't follow the stream live. So just to say, you have some not-so-hidden talents there, Steve, if you ever decide to go into that direction. Perhaps a podcast?
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

I make money from my designs. They are on a page where people can buy them. Money tricles in without me doing anything after I have finished them an upoaded. I upadte with changes and improvements off course, but at my own leisure. If I designed a complex PCB I would put it up on a site that sells PCBs and pays the designer a fee every time someone buys. PCBWay has a system like that. It's a great motivator for me. It's the designer's choice if the gerbers are downloadable or not.
RokiS

Post by RokiS »

alenppc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:48 am I immensely enjoyed building TF boards for the masses....
And the masses are still waiting for TF360 / TF1260 and others super projects.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

RokiS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am
alenppc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:48 am I immensely enjoyed building TF boards for the masses....
And the masses are still waiting for TF360 / TF1260 and others super projects.
And TF1230 .... as well... It was sooo close!
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 am And TF1230 .... as well... It was sooo close!
Well Edu Arana made those but they never worked.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 am
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 am And TF1230 .... as well... It was sooo close!
Well Edu Arana made those but they never worked.
I am playing with idea of making connector Amiga 1200->CD32 edge and try TF330 this way. To check if Edu issues were electrical issue.
Since TF330 sources are available.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
hiddenevil

Post by hiddenevil »

Well as an Amiga user, I can honestly say the work others do producing new products is just fantastic. I'm not one of those sorts who buys anything with an Amiga badge on it. I get what i need and what I can afford. Last year i repaired two A500's and decided to retire my A3000 from club use as moving it around in the car was taking its toll. So i choose to make myself a super A500+ with bells and whistles. I care for my father full time and working on the Amiga during the pandemic has helped keep me from going peculair, well more than I am already :D

First I got myself a 020TK by Matze, it's a nice card and backward compatible with expansion modules such as the A570. Though it gives about 5+ MIPD I soon started wanting more power and the TF536 seemed a good choice. I spent a long time looking for an 030+FPU card, but the only one I could find had 4mb. I used to run Lightwave back in the day with 128mb, so 4mb would get gobbled up in a snap. Even without FPU, the 536 had 64mb, so it was the logical choice. Aside from some freeze ups, which I'm hoping might be fixed, it's been a great accelerator :-)
SmoothRunnings

Post by SmoothRunnings »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:34 am
SmoothRunnings wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:41 am Do you think you'll make a 060 A2000 board ever? :)

GVP used to make 060 accelerators for the A2000. Stephen Jones has a GVP 060 in his A2000 Toaster machine.

Thanks,
Dont have plans to make any more amiga boards. I think im done.
That's too bad.
SmoothRunnings

Post by SmoothRunnings »

I have been very happy with my TF536 board that @alenppc built and sold me recently. I am happy to see that some Amiga hardware new designs are sticking around for a bit and not simply building few hundred and then disappearing off the face of the earth. Though newer and better accelerators are just around the corner. There is a new design for a 68000 style chip that will have an 68030 running at 3.2Ghz (1000 MIPS) and have either 512MB or 1GB. It won't have a IDE connector which is a draw back, but who knows. LOL

There will always be a place for Terribefire accelerators in the Amiga scene.

New accelerator I am talking about:
https://amitopia.com/new-buffee-amiga-a ... 1000-mips/

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”