Amiga 4000 turbocard question

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Oldskool

Amiga 4000 turbocard question

Post by Oldskool »

Hi There,

Maybe a stupid question.
Still have a working 4000 mainboard and case but no cpu card. A friend of mine tried to build a a3660 but we could not get it working. Maybe the gals are not OK.
Is there maybe a TF solution available for the 4000?
I have a 040 and 060 cpu..
dalek

Re: Amiga 4000 turbocard question

Post by dalek »

Oldskool wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 am ...
Still have a working 4000 mainboard and case but no cpu card. A friend of mine tried to build a a3660 but we could not get it working. Maybe the gals are not OK....
If you tried programming the GALs with a TL866 and they are Atmel GALs, ensure you have the "encrypt ch." option selected.

As of the other question - search here for TF4060 and you will get your answer....
Oldskool

Re: Amiga 4000 turbocard question

Post by Oldskool »

Thanks for the feedback. I know that there are some issues with these gals and the cheaper programmers. So I send the gals to another guy with a high end programmer. The card however does not show any life the cpu also stays cold. Tried various 060’s. Voltages are OK.
After 1 year of fiddling around with the thing I’m ready to toss it in the bin and looking for an alternative. Various people already had a go with it. Could buy a working one but they seem to expensive to me. Great it seems that a tf4060 is in development. Probably a much better solution with some fast ram and less parts.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”