Open Letter to the community...

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

ICRY

Re: Open Letter to the community...

Post by ICRY »

Hello all

Sir TF & Mr Gadget, never ever give up, & never let people get you down.

I have found in my life that when you meet a crazy bat s#it people, I just turn the other cheek as I don't have to listen to the noise, & then count my lucky stars, that I don't have as many sandwiches missing from my picnic as they do!

Many thanks
MrClump

Post by MrClump »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am You can never keep everyone happy! Your approach is correct! I am close to jacking in what I am doing tbh. Just today I get a sarcastic message from someone that is usually positive and helpful, followed by a thumb down on Patreon early access video - when I am really struggling to get videos up. Sorry I know this thread isn't about me, my point being if you can keep 95% of people happy you are doing as good as you possibly can do.
I'm being entirely selfish here, but please don't stop making your videos. Over the past 18 months, your channel has taken me from almost nothing to now doing component-level fault finding and repair. There are always assholes out there, but I am sure 99% of the people that watch your channel are massively appreciative of the work you put in.
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

yes I love your videos gadget - you have taught me so much about diagnosing and repairing retro computers/consoles so don't let a few stupid morons get to you I know you said on a few of your vids about your health so its amazing you manage to do what you do.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I noted with interest that some people on that forum acted like the trolling/attacking that was taking place was perfectly normal.

I’m personally never going to just accept these people or this behaviour. I will always work to exclude them and shun them from the community until they learn some manners. I feel like overall there has been a big effect from a handful of us standing up and refusing to accept this behaviour anymore. The tide is turning against the toxic.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

I see it a lot on the various facebook groups too terriblefire... shame really as we all have a common interest.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Most of it is from really small and sad people who want to look like they know something or feel big. People who would write something like this…
Actually, I have two amazing Amiga projects as well lined up. Already nearly there. Incredibly, NO ONE has done what I'm about to do with these two plans. I'm quite certain it will impress the community. Coming in the very near future. I have a feeling that many Amiga fans are going to look at these and be impressed. Maybe even try to do it themselves.
It’s pretty special isn’t it?

Translation: I’m great and you should all thank me for it.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
kbjunkie

Post by kbjunkie »

I've just spent some time reading this thread..

I watch GadgetUK164's videos on youtube and REALLY enjoy them.

I have a couple of TF's cards that I built and enjoyed the challenge of building them and tinkering with them...

To TF I'd say.. never mind the haters. Keep building stuff for you and sod the haters. I have an IT business that does website design and hosting, server and network installs etc. and deal with these kinds of people regularly. The ones that know your job and your skills better than you do - and think they know better. I call them belittlers (not enablers). I had a manager years ago that said to me, "just imagine them on the toilet, trousers at there ankles straining for a shit".. still makes me smile.. but then I may still be a little 10 year old boy in my head :-)

I also have another business that refurbs and repairs retro computers. I've been doing this for a long time and have a decent repeat customer base. The point about that is that it's taken a LONG time to get the core set of customers that are loyal and happy with what I do for them.. but there have been lots of customers along the way that have been difficult, rude and sometimes not worth the effort to deal with. They have received repairs or refurbs and refused to pay invoices. I have moved on from them. There's no point in spending the energy on them (IMHO). Life is too short.

TF, there are LOTS of folks here that love what you do and love the hardware that you design (I'm one of them). My hat is off to you for continuing to do that. Well done!

GadgetUk164 - please don't stop with the videos. I really look forward to watching them.

Having worked in IT management and engineering for 30 years, I think I've seen my fair share of idiots (staff and management - mostly senior managers!) - you need to ignore the idiots and haters and focus on yourself. It's what you personally achieve in life that matters - not what other people perceive that you should be doing / achieving.

Just my opinions - take as you will.

Oh and EXxos.. I have bought from you and your store on many an occasion, please do the same - keep up the great work - and keep finding those hard to get spares for Atari! Don't know what I'd do without your store being a click away!

Drop the mike, I'm out!

KbJ.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,
I think most of us in the community are fed up with these guys and i'm not going to ignore them anymore. I'm going to make those who behave like that take some pain any way i can.
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Problem is they all have nothing better to do..being a troll is the best they can accomplish in life.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:20 pm Problem is they all have nothing better to do..being a troll is the best they can accomplish in life.
Too true! And maybe they're worried that if they try anything else, someone like them will pull it to pieces!
So they are a self-limiting bunch of trolls at that.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”