Open Letter to the community...

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Open Letter to the community...

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:16 pm Both you & @exxos (and many others on this forum & elsewhere) spend so much time & effort (as well as money) on these projects (that we all enjoy reading about & using) that you would have to charge massively more for any development than you do.
So, some people don't like it, shame.
Exactly, people don't "see" me doing anything lately, but I am working on stuff 14+ hours a day without a break. A lot of people these days are just lazy, they don't want to put in all the work involved. They would just rather whinge and complain endlessly until they get their own way. Because generally this is how society is going. Complaining of course requires no effort whatsoever which is why it is so popular. Of course then, when people react to such people, it makes them feel like they have accomplished something in life.

But the people like myself and @terriblefire We really don't care. If people complain we just ban them and they will lose their voice, which people really hate more than anything.

I always go on the old saying, if you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. And if you are part of the problem, you get eliminated so things can continue.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think with the Amiga community especially I can understand why some people get irate - it is because there are overlapping products/services which do business in completely different ways. Some are commercial, some are hobbiest. Of course it's down to the person to realise the difference between them and what to expect.

Luckily in Atari-land *everything* is hobbiest, except perhaps the Ultrasatan (which started off as hobbiest and then went 'volume' production) So I think the expectations are more respectful by-and-large with of course the odd exception.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Steve wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:01 pm I think with the Amiga community especially I can understand why some people get irate - it is because there are overlapping products/services which do business in completely different ways. Some are commercial, some are hobbiest. Of course it's down to the person to realise the difference between them and what to expect.

Luckily in Atari-land *everything* is hobbiest, except perhaps the Ultrasatan (which started off as hobbiest and then went 'volume' production) So I think the expectations are more respectful by-and-large with of course the odd exception.
The EAB is the second most toxic forum on the internet... a distant second after the PPA.PL. The moderators will allow someone like our current friend to fire off abuse but will ban anyone who confronts him.

But i really think this guy's attitude has completely validated the approach we take to selling. I'm almost entirely sure he's planted by Jens.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Steve

Post by Steve »

Oh wow.. Glad I don't hang out there or even have an account. Not worth the time or energy in that kind of environment! :) Glad you are here @terriblefire
AndreaM

Post by AndreaM »

EAB does attract an "interesting" breed of troll.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten
Aeberbach

Post by Aeberbach »

There's not even any novelty to that guy any more. I think his first thread on EAB was like "By playing DOOM you betray the Amiga!" and it went pretty much as you would expect. It's becoming hard to see any value there.
dalek

Post by dalek »

I think that dude is the old Pat the Cat who was banned. Just another internet troll. But isn't that the point of moving here? Have the noise moderated.

EDIT: update - he's now banned (too/again) :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Indeed. This forum is much more of a safe space.

I will however eat my words that they never ban anyone like this but I think we’d have banned after 2 posts from this guy.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

quote-i-hadn-t-known-there-were-so-many-idiots-in-the-world-until-i-started-using-the-internet-stanislaw-lem-49-53-26.jpg
quote-i-hadn-t-known-there-were-so-many-idiots-in-the-world-until-i-started-using-the-internet-stanislaw-lem-49-53-26.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

I fortunately don't attract anywhere near as much grief as you guys do. I occasionally get "why won't you buy £800 of stock then hand make me one card I only want to pay £25 for!".. I get this every 3-6 months. That doesn't really bother me.

What I do see that annoys me is the "read it for me" support requests open source projects attract. e.g. FlashFloppy has pretty good docs on the wiki, yet there is a constant stream of "it doesn't work with system x" to which someone replies RTFM. It's the expectation of that level of support I can't be doing with & hence why I haven't open sourced any of the bits I designed - especially the obsolete models.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”