Open Letter to the community...

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Open Letter to the community...

Post by terriblefire »

cmorley wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:46 am I fortunately don't attract anywhere near as much grief as you guys do. I occasionally get "why won't you buy £800 of stock then hand make me one card I only want to pay £25 for!".. I get this every 3-6 months. That doesn't really bother me.

What I do see that annoys me is the "read it for me" support requests open source projects attract. e.g. FlashFloppy has pretty good docs on the wiki, yet there is a constant stream of "it doesn't work with system x" to which someone replies RTFM. It's the expectation of that level of support I can't be doing with & hence why I haven't open sourced any of the bits I designed - especially the obsolete models.
Yeah this is common too. "Just add RTG" is the common one. I'll just say i'm too thick to do it nowadays. :D
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

I guess some individuals do not appreciate that this is simply just a hobby and the phrase "thank you" should be the response to any new development. :)
The ugly 5%, I have had to deal with them in past commercial ventures, but their impact is now in all avenues of daily existence via modern technologies. :(

EAB, have not been back since finding this forum, their moderation techniques seem to be agenda driven, thank you to all the EXXOS Admins and Mods for making this enjoyable positive place to hang out :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
JezC

Post by JezC »

+1, especially to that last bit @Danoo
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

JezC wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am +1, especially to that last bit @Danoo
We definitely want this place to be more friendly. The sort of trolling that goes on on other forums will be shut down immediately here. Disagreement is fine but obviously disagreement about something thats subjective needs to be done respectfully.

I do, however, find it funny when people accuse others of particular intentions/traits (Big ego, running a scheme for profit etc). It says more about them that the person they're accusing IMHO. Its clear that they see that because thats what they'd do given half a chance.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:37 pm
JezC wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am +1, especially to that last bit @Danoo
We definitely want this place to be more friendly. The sort of trolling that goes on on other forums will be shut down immediately here. Disagreement is fine but obviously disagreement about something thats subjective needs to be done respectfully.

Of course moderators reserve the right to repeatedly hit people over the head with a chair whenever we feel the need is required..

:chairsmack: :chairsmack:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

EAB is terrible I stopped posting there a long time ago, it always seems to devolve into a erm how do I say this without being vulgar? a manhood measuring contest! you got people demanding this that and the other, and they clearly have their own agender - they seem to eat every little grain of rubbish from certain Amiga suppliers (not going to name names but its the guy who blames the PSU for everything everytime)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

What's EAB, so that I know to avoid it.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:00 pm What's EAB, so that I know to avoid it.
http://eab.abime.net/

English Asshole Board @terriblefire :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Hehe
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Well we shouldn’t discriminate against assholes… some of my best friends are assholes ;)

But this recent round of “fun” has proven many points for me. Has shown why I approach things as I do and why I have little time for the EAB mods.
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”