TF1260 Open File Release

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

markus0321

Re: TF1260 Open File Release

Post by markus0321 »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:05 am The TF1260 works at 50Mhz.. everything above is a bonus. Its the CPLDs that are the limit with the current firmware design. As i've mentioned about 5000 times there is a new one coming. Patience.

EDIT: For the love of <insert your preferred deity here> do not rip apart a working card just because it doesn't overclock.
Thank you for the information, I will not devastate my TF1260 anymore.
At 50MHz they work really stable and FAST memory is really fast. I just wanted to test if I assembled it correctly and for this I am testing different settings.
In the future, it would be useful to optimize the firmware to speed up the access to the CHIP memory as it works in the TF1230 (in the TF1230 the CHIP memory speed is very high).
I am waiting, so I look forward to the new firmware :-)
Thank you very much for your good work on TF1260, it's a lot of fun to solder it.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

markus0321 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 am In the future, it would be useful to optimize the firmware to speed up the access to the CHIP memory as it works in the TF1230 (in the TF1230 the CHIP memory speed is very high).
Yes, 5001th time... i know.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Right guys.. I'm modifying the license slightly.

If you sell a board you must support it. If you sell a blank PCB you must support the builder.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
torsti76

Post by torsti76 »

There was a question/suggestion in one of the Amiga chats I frequently attend if it would be possible to place some mounting holes for a CPU cooler/fan on upcoming card designs.

The cards allow for pretty hefty overclocking after all, and people are worried about the temperature of their precious rev 6s :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

torsti76 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:53 pm There was a question/suggestion in one of the Amiga chats I frequently attend if it would be possible to place some mounting holes for a CPU cooler/fan on upcoming card designs.

The cards allow for pretty hefty overclocking after all, and people are worried about the temperature of their precious rev 6s :)
I had thought about this. But which pattern to use? Pentium coolers are no use because you'd never get one under the keyboard. Nothing else off the shelf seems to fit?

Its pretty tight routing wise on 4Layers so i cant just do a bunch of options.

My personal cooling choice would be a heat pipe bonded to the keyboard metal frame. But in seriousness i dont know what pattern to do and unless i have a good answer i'm inclined not to mess with it.
———
chucky

Post by chucky »

screemo

Post by screemo »

Happy new year :)

Much appreciated, these locators are an indispensable tool when you build boards (no matter the complexity) :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Added the locator to the first post..

Little reminder to everyone that if you build the card you are the warranty. However the cards with tf logos will be covered by the 3 main builders (and myself if nobody else will repair them). Provided there is no physical damage or attempts at soldering by the user etc.

Broken edge connectors due to ... erm over enthusiastic insertion... we'll probably cover at a fixed cost.

In short... Your TF1260 is a fairly standard bit of kit so there are a going to be a lot of people who can fix it for you.
———
torsti76

Post by torsti76 »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 pm My personal cooling choice would be a heat pipe bonded to the keyboard metal frame. But in seriousness i dont know what pattern to do and unless i have a good answer i'm inclined not to mess with it.
Yes, I've been in the same line of thought: Just use the keyboard as a giant heat spreader. However, bonding card/CPU and keyboard with low thermal resistance isn't an easy undertaking.

Someone suggested to use aluminum PCBs as JLCPCB offers them as a kind of heat pipe to an area further back in the case to get some clearance for a fan.
Pro of this: You are free in the design decision as to where to put mounting holes etc.
Con: Putting a fan in an Amiga sucks (or blows, depending on how you mount it. :mrgreen: )
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

chucky wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:22 pm TF1260 Locator up:
Thanks, such a handy tool :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”